soon to be RAZR Maxx owner

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
That's if the buy one get one free is still on. I'm going to pick two up with my girlfriend today. I'm coming from the Thunderbolt and she's coming from an LG Chocolate (super old). It's her first smart phone.

Any of you guys come from the Thunderbolt? I can't wait to get this thing home and root it. :)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm one... I came from the Thunderbolt... but I'm currently leaving it stock until I see ICS and see some ROM's with ICS.

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Thunderbolt. LOVE love love the MAXX. Best thing ever. I had an extended battery on my Bolt and it weighed a ton. Even with the 2750 battery, it was dead by dinnertime. The MAXX is so light and the battery is amazing, lasts a solid 1-1/2 to 2 days with a lot of use.

There are a few things it's taking me time to get used to - different keyboard (I can change that). The power/wake up key is on the side, not the top. The menu & home keys are switched at the bottom. Little things I just need to get used to. Best part is the battery and that it stays connected to data. My Bolt was constantly dropping data and I had to power it off and on to get it to connect. Very annoying.

I think you'll be happy with it. I just got mine a few days ago. Ordered it from the Verizon store and they shipped it to me next day.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I came from a TB with an extended battery and the Maxx is by far, the best choice I made!! You will not regret it!

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
1.5 to 2 days? wow, i turn mine on at 7 AM and now it's 10:30 and i'm already at 90% with medium use i'd say. by 10 oclock tonight i'll more than likely be at 30-40%. so i easily get through 1 day, but i dunno about 1.5 to 2.

Filosophic1

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend...(best girlfriend ever) bought me the Maxx for Valentine's day....I used to have the Thunderbolt, and hated the battery life. I forgot to plug my Maxx in last night, and when I woke up in the morning, I still had tons of battery left. If I had done that with my Thunderbolt, it would have been dead when I woke up. This is an awesome phone.

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's if the buy one get one free is still on. I'm going to pick two up with my girlfriend today. I'm coming from the Thunderbolt and she's coming from an LG Chocolate (super old). It's her first smart phone.

Any of you guys come from the Thunderbolt? I can't wait to get this thing home and root it. :)

My local corporate Verizon store ordered one for me Monday so it could come today & there computer was sdowing some in the warehouse.

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
1.5 to 2 days? wow, i turn mine on at 7 AM and now it's 10:30 and i'm already at 90% with medium use i'd say. by 10 oclock tonight i'll more than likely be at 30-40%. so i easily get through 1 day, but i dunno about 1.5 to 2.

I have tested it twice and it has lasted 1-1/2 + days both times. I unplug at 6:30am and didn't charge at night. The next day the battery didn't go into the red zone until evening, maybe 7pm? That is close to 2 days for me and I would say I'm a moderate user. Definitely have been using it more since I just got it a week ago, still playing with it and getting it set up the way I like it.

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What is different about the keyboard ??

Different layouts. The SWYPE is very cool and quite accurate if I learn to use it well.

There are no "arrow" keys to move left, right, up, down and I used those a lot on my Thunderbolt. I seem to make an awful lot of mistakes after being used to the Bolt keyboard. There are lots of keyboard versions to try and in the market so I'm testing out some others.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Different layouts. The SWYPE is very cool and quite accurate if I learn to use it well.

There are no "arrow" keys to move left, right, up, down and I used those a lot on my Thunderbolt. I seem to make an awful lot of mistakes after being used to the Bolt keyboard. There are lots of keyboard versions to try and in the market so I'm testing out some others.

I loved the directional keys!! I'm going to miss that. I better use them while I still have my Thunderbolt. :)

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have tested it twice and it has lasted 1-1/2 + days both times. I unplug at 6:30am and didn't charge at night. The next day the battery didn't go into the red zone until evening, maybe 7pm? That is close to 2 days for me and I would say I'm a moderate user. Definitely have been using it more since I just got it a week ago, still playing with it and getting it set up the way I like it.

This is the kind of battery life I would like to get. :)

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

you must have your screen brightness all the way off and gps/bluetooth/background sync/data off most of the time.

today i took my phone off charge at 7:00 am, and right now at 4:50 PM i have 60% battery left. so i used 40% in ten hours. if i left it on till morning, i would guess that it would be around 10% left.

i do however have gps/bluetooth/wifi/4g and all data etc turned on while using automatic screen brightness setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech