Sound Settings - Volume Levels?

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I'm sure there are threads about this already, but I had trouble finding any.

My question is regarding the sound/volume settings on my phone. I'm a former Blackberry user and I used to have "modes" that I could select for my phone, ie Phone Only, Low, High, etc..... On my GSIII, whenever I adjust the volume rocker, it does not save my settings for messages and what not, it just adjusts the phone call volume.....Maybe I'm just missing something, but this is incredibly frustrating...

Please Help! Is there an app that can manage you volume settings or a way to do it on the phone?

Thanks

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
when u press the volume key, a level indicator should pop up with a cog shape at the right hand side mate. tap that and it lets u adjust other volumes

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
when u press the volume key, a level indicator should pop up with a cog shape at the right hand side mate. tap that and it lets u adjust other volumes

Thanks funkylogik....I know how to set the levels that way, my problem is that when I lower it, I would expect it to "save" the volume levels so that when I put it on silent, the notifications are silent as well, but I actually have to lower the volume settings for each item, phone, messages, system alerts.....is there a way to not have to do them individually? Hopefully I'm being clear

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right sorry man i know what u mean. i think theres an app that does it but cant remember the name. try searching for volume in play store mate

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I use llama profiles. It's absolutely amazing. My life is so automated now. Profiles she mentioned basically does the same thing I believe. Llama might have a few more features. Idk if quick profiles has location and does stuff for specific apps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ultrapale

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I just tried quick profiles pro, and unless I'm missing something I cannot get it to lock the media volume either. This is the only ongoing thing that bothers me about this phone. I've tried a few different profile/volume control apps and still can't seem to figure it out. Anyone else had any success locking the media volume? I know it's a small issue, but it still bugs me a little.

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I just tried quick profiles pro, and unless I'm missing something I cannot get it to lock the media volume either. This is the only ongoing thing that bothers me about this phone. I've tried a few different profile/volume control apps and still can't seem to figure it out. Anyone else had any success locking the media volume? I know it's a small issue, but it still bugs me a little.

I hear ya man, that's why i posted this thread lol. I have to frequently switch modes for evenings, at work (in and out of meetings), car and stuff like that.....

I'll try those profile apps and see how it works out, but I too have not been able to get anything working the way I'd like.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
id say its possible using the Tasker app, u can programme it to do almost anything but unless u can find a "recipe" on the tasker wiki, ul have to programme it urself

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I'm sure there are threads about this already, but I had trouble finding any.

My question is regarding the sound/volume settings on my phone. I'm a former Blackberry user and I used to have "modes" that I could select for my phone, ie Phone Only, Low, High, etc..... On my GSIII, whenever I adjust the volume rocker, it does not save my settings for messages and what not, it just adjusts the phone call volume.....Maybe I'm just missing something, but this is incredibly frustrating...

Please Help! Is there an app that can manage you volume settings or a way to do it on the phone?

Thanks

Try volume control +. It sets volumes for everything and lets you create scheduled sound profiles to activate during certain times and/or days.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums