Spam in comments.

NeilMex

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys thought about adding a crowd funded span button? I just read 3 article and all 3 had spam in the comments. Why not have a button next to the content button that lets readers report spam, if a comment gets ten spam reports it's automatically deleted or quarrenteened.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
There is that exclamation mark (!) to tap to report such things. Not sure what happens once you report a spammer. I usually go to the mod site and let them know as well ..
I do like your idea in principle Neil, going by the caustic and at times personal posts up on the news sites, I can see it being used quite a lot...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the best way is the Report button, which is that button that Tim1954 describes. Reporting it puts the post into the Moderator queue, and one of those Terminators will be all Hasta La Vista Baby.:cool:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mobile Nations does have a Comment Crew, Network Mods and Editorial Staff that all get notifications based on that Report Button. Crowd Sourcing is alive and well.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
While there is a "report" button on the messages in the forums, there is no "report" button on the comments on articles. For the article comments, the only options are reply, rate up, and rate down.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While there is a "report" button on the messages in the forums, there is no "report" button on the comments on articles. For the article comments, the only options are reply, rate up, and rate down.
There is an exclamation mark on each comment. That is used to report the comment.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. When browsing the forums, I was considered logged in by the site. When browsing the articles, the site thought I was NOT logged in thus not showing the "report" exclamation point.

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Like the others said, just report the comment and it will be taken care of by the appropriate people. And yes, you must be logged in to see the report button. ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. When browsing the forums, I was considered logged in by the site. When browsing the articles, the site thought I was NOT logged in thus not showing the "report" exclamation point.

I've seen this behavior before -- you can be logged into the forums, but if you go to the blog, it will show you as not logged in for some reason.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There should be a report button on the comments. This helps out comment crew to track and get spam as quick as they can.

I'm logged in, even on the main page, but I don't see a report button either. I know I'm logged in as I even commented on an article or 2.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I see no way to report a comment as spam. Today colleensimpson444 has spammed every article's comments that I happened to wander into.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae