Spam in notification bar

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine was coming from Wheel of Fortune application, found that out by clicking the ad and the name popped up briefly, uninstalled

SteveMW

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Found another suspect -- Root System Tool (free). After removing it there has been no additional notification bar ads.

SteveMW

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious -- which app was it (the name of the app)? Developers should advise if they are using air push technology in their app.

Last edited:

Jamesgrm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
after finding this and being pissed off by the silly notifications, i found airpush detector ont android market, uk trains journey planner free was my culprit!

Thanks guys :)

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
For me it was TubeMate, an app recommended by the AC editors.

There's a legitimate version of the app - that was the one Chris Parsons intended to recommend to you. There's also a spammy malware version cleverly named almost exactly the same, which is still in the market and needs to be flagged by all of us to get it removed. Please go back into the market and flag it. Chris fixed the link in the post to now lead to the real version of the Tubemate app.

brandonmead

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Greatest news ever!!! Well, maybe not ever, but hopefully it will make your day. I just downloaded Addons Detector for free (which had great reviews). With one tap, it scanned my apps and told me about all my person info, etc. that was going on. Most of it cannot be helped, but I had it filter for apps that pushed notifications and found two! One was a GO Theme that I don't use anyway (now gone). Sadly, the other was ESPN's Fantasy Football App. I will tolerate the ads for the few weeks remaining in the fantasy season, but now I know to nix it the moment I win or lose in the playoffs.

What was great about this app was it checked for more notification settings than just Air Push. Here are all the push notification add ons that Addons Detector scans for:
#Push Notifications#
AirPush
Appenda
LeadBolt
Moolah Media
TapIt
Urban Airship
Xtify

Happy app slaying!

SteveMW

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Greatest news ever!!! Well, maybe not ever, but hopefully it will make your day. I just downloaded Addons Detector for free (which had great reviews). With one tap, it scanned my apps and told me about all my person info, etc. that was going on. Most of it cannot be helped, but I had it filter for apps that pushed notifications and found two! One was a GO Theme that I don't use anyway (now gone). Sadly, the other was ESPN's Fantasy Football App. I will tolerate the ads for the few weeks remaining in the fantasy season, but now I know to nix it the moment I win or lose in the playoffs.

What was great about this app was it checked for more notification settings than just Air Push. Here are all the push notification add ons that Addons Detector scans for:
#Push Notifications#
AirPush
Appenda
LeadBolt
Moolah Media
TapIt
Urban Airship
Xtify

Happy app slaying!

Good tip... giving this a try.

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had used addons detector before with the push filter and found nothing but I tried it again today (perhaps there was an update?) and it found "Bloat Freezer" as the culprit. I just uninstalled Bloat Freezer and hopefuly that will take care of my problem. Please post offending apps.

StarbuckyTX

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
My notifications started 2 weeks ago too. I don't update anything unless its important like a bank account app. So, after researching this, I believe it is an Air Push advertising problem. I found that they have a permanent OPT OUT app through Market so that you will never receive another Air Push ad from any of the products they are associated with.

I've installed it and my fingers are crossed.
:cool:

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid to opt out thinking it might backfire. I preferred the detector apps. Remember that the AirPush Detector didn't find anything on my phone but the Addons Detector did so I'm thinking there is more than just AirPush doing this. I do hope your problem has stopped.

edit:
Another option to get rid of this crap:
Airblocker - Airpush Block
ByQ Develop
(get it in the market)

Last edited:

Rob-Android

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
QR Mark seems to have AirPush installed in it. Actually, it didn't used to be but then it looks like after the latest update they've got that crap in there... Addons Detector found it right away.

There are other QR-reading apps out there... this one has been uninstalled...

Thanks for the tip!!

-- Robert

surf2live420

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Im sure the apps responsible are numerous so without detecting software it's hit or miss. I didn't want to download yet another app that may cause problems so instead I started going through all the apps on my phone newest to oldest. Thankfully it took only two tries. I got rid of Adobe air, and a love poems app and the annoying "date singles near you" notification disappeared instantly. Please, everyone list offending apps!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe