Spam in notification bar

polkadot351

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had this exact same problem for a year now and I finally got rid of all my spam by downloading an app that detects which apps are using airpush and tells you their names so you can delete them. Best app ever! Just thought I'd share this great app for all yall who get as irritated as I do whith this spam! Airpush detector is a great app but I'm sure many other apps work too!
Also, a big offender of spamming is "tubemate"...
Hope this helps y'all!

gesonsite

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It is from google play (formerly Android market) open Google play, click menu button, settings, scroll down and remove checkmark for google admob customized ads...hope this helps you..it did for me....gary

gesonsite

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It is from google play (formerly Android market) open Google play, click menu button, settings, scroll down and remove checkmark for google admob customized ads...hope this helps you..it did for me....gary

totallywirednyc

May 25, 2012
Visit site
This is called AirPush advertising, simple to remove

go to google play (old android market) and search airpush, i downloaded airblocker, it says it is for rooted devices, but it worked perfectly for an unrooted galaxy note. any airpush detector will tell you which download has the ability to spam your phone without your knowledge.

totallywirednyc

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: This is called AirPush advertising, simple to remove

go to google play (old android market) and search airpush, i downloaded airblocker, it says it is for rooted devices, but it worked perfectly for an unrooted galaxy note. any airpush detector will tell you which download has the ability to spam your phone without your knowledge.

wow.... i guess i should look up before posting, everyone knows this information already..... lol

fingerprint lock was the culprit for my phone.

baltwade

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Airpush Detector didn't work for me, but I believe I found a really easy way to find which app is responsible. Goto Settings>Apps>Running. If you click on one of the apps that is running it will show you what services it is running. I noticed "Kona's Crate" was running even though I hadn't played it in months. When I checked it was running a service called "PushService". I uninstalled it and haven't had anymore ad notifications. All of mine had the white star with a red dot icon.

MsGtx

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes to Airpush Detector! Boo to "SmartTools" -- an airpusher app that I was hoping to like, but now I'm gonna uninstall (yeah, unless I decide to pay for the premium version, which I would consider if it didn't crash already). :p
Funny enough, the advent of AirPush Detector was the reason I finally decided to root and wipe my phone -- I thought it had been hacked or something when I first started seeing those spammy notifications. Then the notifications started showing up again after I installed a few new apps over fresh clean ROM, and I decided to track down the cause.

nogender

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has tried this yet but I found a quick easy solution to getting rid of the spam notifications. I have a Sprint EpicTouch, and starting getting these ads in my notification bar 2 days ago. I did a little research on here, noticed about the Air Push. I have been selling phones for 2 years now and this is the first that I have heard of this. I thought people were nuts when they came in and told me they were getting these on their phones, until I saw it on mine. I downloaded an app called "Air Push Detector". It did a quick scan on my phone and pulled the offending app within seconds, then gave me the option to uninstall it. The effect was immediate. I had a notification sitting in my notification bar and it dissapeared as soon as that app was uninstalled.

ray23002

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
There was this app I had installed that monitored my battery life and was free. As soon as I deleted it, the spam in my notification bar disappeared. Check your apps guys.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe