Speeds while using home WiFi

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a brand new S22 Ultra. I have new frontier service for my Wi-Fi. I do not understand why it takes so long to connect sometimes. The WiFi signal is full. There's no obl one else using my Wi-Fi. It's used strictly for my alarm, smart plugs and phone.. No TV, no computer nothing. So why does it take sometimes over a minute to connect.
Yes I've set unimportant apps like games etc to no background use. I clear caches constantly.
Assuming that my thoughts are wrong that even though there's not a lot being used on my Wi-Fi and I'm the only one using a phone on it that it should be fast there's nothing else bogging it down so what makes it slow or is it because there's so much other traffic even though I'm not having it directed at my house it's still affects my speeds I'm just trying to understand

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I have a brand new S22 Ultra. I have new frontier service for my Wi-Fi. I do not understand why it takes so long to connect sometimes. The WiFi signal is full. There's no obl one else using my Wi-Fi. It's used strictly for my alarm, smart plugs and phone.. No TV, no computer nothing. So why does it take sometimes over a minute to connect.
Yes I've set unimportant apps like games etc to no background use. I clear caches constantly.
Assuming that my thoughts are wrong that even though there's not a lot being used on my Wi-Fi and I'm the only one using a phone on it that it should be fast there's nothing else bogging it down so what makes it slow or is it because there's so much other traffic even though I'm not having it directed at my house it's still affects my speeds I'm just trying to understand
You should run a speed test with the ping. Also, do any other smart devices that have long connection times? Does it occur on 2g or 5g or both ?

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
I don't think it's frontier it's actually been better with frontier than it was when I had spectrum I've had two different cable companies or Wi-Fi companies and three different phones and it's been the same new phones with new SIM cards two different carriers same carrier two different companies whatever three phones and two internet companies and it's the same actually my internet's better than it was

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think it's frontier it's actually been better with frontier than it was when I had spectrum I've had two different cable companies or Wi-Fi companies and three different phones and it's been the same new phones with new SIM cards two different carriers same carrier two different companies whatever three phones and two internet companies and it's the same actually my internet's better than it was
You the original poster in this thread?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Have you changed out your router? It wouldn't hurt to try another one from your internet provider. Having 3 high quality phones do the same thing kinda rules the phones out. Also is your router able to give you good coverage through the whole house? Dead spots can give you the problems you describe. I'd run some speed tests around the house to see what your signals actually doing.

I would also recommend upgrading to a quality mesh system if you could afford it.... they will take your wi-fi to a whole new level ;)

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Have you changed out your router? It wouldn't hurt to try another one from your internet provider. Having 3 high quality phones do the same thing kinda rules the phones out. Also is your router able to give you good coverage through the whole house? Dead spots can give you the problems you describe. I'd run some speed tests around the house to see what your signals actually doing.

I would also recommend upgrading to a quality mesh system if you could afford it.... they will take your wi-fi to a whole new level ;)
So if it happens on cell and wifi, and you rule out the phone, what are you trying to say

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
I am,yes! And I am signed up with Android Central. I have no clue why it sent the way it did. I'm having Todd of issues with this new phone. I honestly need a tech person to sit with me and make sure that even hi is set right. And that nice of my speed apps are bad. I need to uninstall bloatware. I need to make sure my signals are set for the best optimal signal. I'm lost with this stuff
I am original poster yes

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned with the concerns and question I have full signal throughout my entire house with Wi-Fi. Even on Wi-Fi with full signal I get that stupid little spinning circle trying to connect trying to connect for several seconds sometimes up to a minute sometimes it doesn't connect at all but I have full signal and everything else works just fine I'm not rolling out anything but it's probably me and something I've set or not set correctly within the phone that's what my bet is and I need somebody to help me figure out what it is like to take my phone and do it because I don't understand this stuff and you break I fixed it didn't do it for me

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
I've run speed test as far as Wi-Fi goes it's pretty consistent throughout the whole home and so is my cell which is next to nil they're always so low everywhere in the home one place is a little worse but the rest are pretty consistently bad

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
You guys are quite funny but I've been asking for somebody to help me with the settings and whatnot in my phone forever and take it to the phone stores nobody really helps you so you want to you jokesters want to come help

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You guys are quite funny but I've been asking for somebody to help me with the settings and whatnot in my phone forever and take it to the phone stores nobody really helps you so you want to you jokesters want to come help
Try using the phone in safe mode.
Consider using Easy Mode, search within your settings for it.
Good luck

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
What is the best signal test that has all the needed categories. Some are more elaborate and show more details.

Modern smartphones do most everything automatically, you don't have to set up anything on your S22 for your home wi-fi, just put in your wi-fi password and hit connect and you're done. If you've had trouble with 3 different Samsung phones connecting to your wi-fi, it's not the phones, it's your wi-fi. Either your connection is too slow, or your router isn't connecting to the phone properly because it's too old or has problems. There's nothing you can change on your phone to fix the problem.

Do an internet search for ookla speed test, it's a website that will run a free speed test on your internet service. Then tell us what device you ran the test on and give us the download speed, upload speed, ping, jitter, and packet loss and we can go from there. Also tell us the type of router you have.

Just so we understand, your phone works fine except that it won't connect to your home wi-fi right? We're trying to help you but you have to give us some clear information ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards