Spigen Slim Armour case - crack already

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
So who here has dropped their phone with a case and had the case actually protect the phone? Just wondering how well each brand works without getting too large.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow... That's terrible. I assume the packaging was fine and wasn't damaged/crushed during delivery. Come to think of it, it's in what looks like a cardboard envelope. Not good.... I should get my replacements in a week or two.

There was cardboard on three sides surrounding the shell. If it was on all four sides, it would have been less likely to be damaged. It was then placed into an unpadded plastic mailee

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Got my replacement shell... Had a defect... Guess where...

Hate to see that. Mine came shipped the same way. But it was fine when I got it. It wouldn't take much to get damaged though. And thinking about all the extra packages that were in the mail for Christmas, and they don't care how they handle it.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, and I take mine off quite regularly (mostly because it gets dirty around the edges. I guess I'll have to decide if I want to keep it on or go "al fresco" with it. Thanks for the heads up.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has had an issue yet. I have sent an email to Spigen today to see how they want to fix this, if they don't, I will most likely go back to Otter Box.

I had preordered my case, and went through the whole wait with everyone else, and the disaster of a shipping and tracking numbers.

After all of that, they got me a case that I was pleased with. Now, not even 45 days later, there is a crack through the colored plastic case part, from where the volume buttons are, to the top of the hard plastic case. Wanted to see if others are having an issue, as in possible QC issue, or just a defect in mine.

Same exact problem in the same exact spot. Didn't care cause I was getting the slim armor view next and this one was on sale

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Same exact problem in the same exact spot. Didn't care cause I was getting the slim armor view next and this one was on sale

I got my spigen slim armor for $6.50 but regardless of price, a case shouldn't break so easily. Even my $1 generic case doesn't have such a weak point.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my spigen slim armor for $6.50 but regardless of price, a case shouldn't break so easily. Even my $1 generic case doesn't have such a weak point.

Tell that to my sister and her bf who has gone through 3 cases each from different companies. It has to do with using slim plastic to balance out the thickness of the tpc. Frankly im not suprised it cracked there. The plastic isn't even a quarter of and inch long away from the volume buttons. It has to do with the note 3 design with how they usually make the slim armor. The volume buttons are to high so if they base their design off the s4 slim armor there is one small weak point in the plastic.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Tell that to my sister and her bf who has gone through 3 cases each from different companies. It has to do with using slim plastic to balance out the thickness of the tpc. Frankly im not suprised it cracked there. The plastic isn't even a quarter of and inch long away from the volume buttons. It has to do with the note 3 design with how they usually make the slim armor. The volume buttons are to high so if they base their design off the s4 slim armor there is one small weak point in the plastic.

It is a poor design for sure. Spigen is marketing itself as a premium product is all I am saying.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
It is a poor design for sure. Spigen is marketing itself as a premium product is all I am saying.

Everything has its has it Achilles heel. Spigens problem is small. Plastic isn't destroyed, just a small crack and it has its tpc rubber to fall back on. Their designs are premium. Slim armor view. No one but spigen are making a durable s view case that can even latch close.

le10017

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
As I await for my case replacement, I'm noticing my current red case is fading. This is after less than 2 months. It seems over time the outer colour will fade along the edges from taking it in and out of my pocket and slowly expose the white beneath. I now have 2 reasons to be disappointed with this case. I expect the colour to fade from one of this $5 cases you buy at a mall kiosk, but not from Spigen. As bad luck comes in 3's, I have a feeling my replacement will come pre-cracked. :)

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So I have the new (warrenty) case on this phone. And I have been very careful when taking the phone out so that I could swap batteries.

Surprise Surprise, I looked at it today, and there is now two cracks. Looks like I will lose all of the color plastic above the volume button. Looks like I will be watching for another case to get next time.

le10017

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Brutal. Sorry to hear it.

I just got my replacement and it's good and not cracked from the delivery. Probably will keep my cracked one on a while longer till the red fades even more.

So I have the new (warrenty) case on this phone. And I have been very careful when taking the phone out so that I could swap batteries.

Surprise Surprise, I looked at it today, and there is now two cracks. Looks like I will lose all of the color plastic above the volume button. Looks like I will be watching for another case to get next time.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine, so far hasn't had a defect yet. I guess we shall see what happens. It's definitely a design flaw and show have extended the plastic shell just a little bit more.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Here is a pic

Yep mines cracked there. Same color case to. I was able to push it back down and it cracked back it to place. Only looks like a hair line fracture now and stays in place after I pushed it back down. Just a design flaw.

sumith 1

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
I too had the issue yesterday my spigen hybrid case for note 8 was split from the power button area ,I have only used it for 7 months , the case looked strong ,
I am wondering what should I do now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe