Splashtop HD on the Transformer Prime

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Curious what your findings were. I have not had any success connecting while outside of my home network.

I took it on a trip last week and it worked just fine. You have to put in the details for your Google account in the "Network" tab in the Splashtop Streamer app, and then use that Google account to sign in. I believe that it is somehow using Google Talk to locate the PC, but once I started using that Google account I had no problem connecting and was able to browse and work remotely with no show-stoppers.

I did have some lag issues though. It wasn't bad for browsing and office-type work, but it made playing games remotely difficult. That being said, I was connecting from a crappy hotel wifi connection most of the time. Next week I may try tethering to my Droid 4 to see how it does over LTE.

Reactions: lavman72

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I took it on a trip last week and it worked just fine. You have to put in the details for your Google account in the "Network" tab in the Splashtop Streamer app, and then use that Google account to sign in. I believe that it is somehow using Google Talk to locate the PC, but once I started using that Google account I had no problem connecting and was able to browse and work remotely with no show-stoppers.

I did have some lag issues though. It wasn't bad for browsing and office-type work, but it made playing games remotely difficult. That being said, I was connecting from a crappy hotel wifi connection most of the time. Next week I may try tethering to my Droid 4 to see how it does over LTE.

Well, that was the issue. I had to enter my Google account information (under the Network tab) on the Splashtop application on my PC. That being said, I've tried connecting with my home computer several times, all with varying results. Just viewing the desktop was blurry, and then another time it was clear. I couldn't get certain things to work..say opening up a video (mp4 which used Itunes to open). And I got disconnected several times.

I'm going to keep playing around with it, but for now at least it's not working all that great.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, that was the issue. I had to enter my Google account information (under the Network tab) on the Splashtop application on my PC. That being said, I've tried connecting with my home computer several times, all with varying results. Just viewing the desktop was blurry, and then another time it was clear. I couldn't get certain things to work..say opening up a video (mp4 which used Itunes to open). And I got disconnected several times.

I'm going to keep playing around with it, but for now at least it's not working all that great.

I find that how well it works depends greatly on the PC that it connects to and the network you are coming over. I have no problems using it within my network, but once I get outside then the experience varies greatly.

Also, I find that it depends on which PC I am connecting to. I have my main desktop PC that seems to work well, but then I also sometimes connect to a virtual desktop in my lab environment that does goofy things with the display. I think that's because the virtual display adapter doesn't know what to do with the Prime's native resolution so it stretches and distorts a bit. Also, video coming from the virtual PC is poor, but that's more a limitation of my lab than anything else.

robkurzd

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
LogMeIn for my iPhone is awesome. I'm fortunate that I'm not only a computer guy at work but at home too :/.

I used TeamViewer and it is pretty solid. I'm currently using both (TeamViewer - free on Android, LogMeIn - free on iOS).

My brother purchased LogMeIn Ignition for Android and the speed was not comparable to TeamViewer at all. LogMeIn for iOS does seem to work better.