Sprint Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery-The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
428e3880-6ecf-ddf7.jpg
Ok im wondering if my usage vs time is good so far? It seems that I have to fully charge once a day then by night I'm ready to throw back on the charger

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the new battery so nothing to report on how it holds up to my daily use. However I like the feel the battery brings to the phone. I like the extra girth, it feels better in my hand. I always felt like I was going to drop my GNEX before, but now it has the right amount of weight to it and it feels good in the hand

Should have mine today. I've heard these feelings about the extended battery time and time again. Really can't understand why the 2100mah wasn't the standard battery to begin with. Ohh well I guess it just seems dumb to spend the money to develop both from Samsung or Googles part for such a small difference in size.

Montro Ltd

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the new battery so nothing to report on how it holds up to my daily use. However I like the feel the battery brings to the phone. I like the extra girth, it feels better in my hand. I always felt like I was going to drop my GNEX before, but now it has the right amount of weight to it and it feels good in the hand

I completely agree!

"...and I got more soul than a sock with a hole."

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery - Good, Bad or Ugly

What's screen on time

It is the amount of time the screen is actually on as opposed to the phone being asleep and the screen being off.
The phone's screen is usually the highest power use.
That is why using Live Wallpapers is discouraged as they suck a large amount of juice also.

Mav. :cool:

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

So I got my extended battery and yeah the phone feels better and Imo looks better. Shame on the designer's who decided it would make more sense to give us the smaller battery.

Now I just need some LTE service in my area and I will be set.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

you would think with the G-Nex being a "Developer Phone" that battery life would take priority over slimness. i could see the SG3 being focused more on slimness given the fact that it's competing directly with the iPhone for consumers as Samsung's flagship retail phone - but it's surprising that Samsung chose the smaller thinner battery for the G-Nex launch over this "Extended" battery.

shibby

May 10, 2011
Visit site

stock asop rom stock kernal seems to hold up well for me. 3hrs of screen time too this is my second full charge first one i ran until the phone shut off then charged 100%

Screenshot_2012-08-23-10-02-18.png

Screenshot_2012-08-23-10-02-04.png

Screenshot_2012-08-23-10-02-13.png

Seauxcrazy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery-The Good, The Bad & The

First day of full use with battery. So far, don't really see much difference besides the standby time being a tad better. We'll see though, I'm sure the battery will get better as I use it. MIGHT run it down until shutoff and recharge to see if it makes a difference, but I've heard conditioning batteries isn't necessary anymore.

Reno Skyy

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First day of use with extended battery with heavy use listen to music phone calls a lot of browsing huge improvement I could only get 2:30 screen on before

sent from The Leaf Village

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene