Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Anybody having any issues with their SD card? I bought a new SD card about a month ago and it was working fine under KitKat but now in Lollipop it is slow to mount when I reboot the phone to where I have to go re-set the camera to store pictures on the card. Today I was using Carbon for twitter while it was doing some app updates and it popped up and said the SD card had been unmounted. I had to go into the settings and manually remount it. Outside of some occasional lag going from the lock screen to the home screen this is the only problem I'm having since the upgrade.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Anybody having any issues with their SD card? I bought a new SD card about a month ago and it was working fine under KitKat but now in Lollipop it is slow to mount when I reboot the phone to where I have to go re-set the camera to store pictures on the card. Today I was using Carbon for twitter while it was doing some app updates and it popped up and said the SD card had been unmounted. I had to go into the settings and manually remount it. Outside of some occasional lag going from the lock screen to the home screen this is the only problem I'm having since the upgrade.

From what I've read I'm pretty sure you need to back up you data on your SD card and reformat it to fat32 on a computer and that has alleviated the problem for some.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know but I think that is the solution.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I made another post about this... But I just had to reset (again, did last night and honestly I do think it became even smother), but this afternoon was unable to use browser because "unable to connect to proxy server". I resorted to another reset, but is there any other fix for that?

Also... Damn Sprint Data optimizer is eaten 28% of my battery already. Is that ok to be disabled? I did on Kit Kat, but I'm wondering if that could play a part in the proxy server issue?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I made another post about this... But I just had to reset (again, did last night and honestly I do think it became even smother), but this afternoon was unable to use browser because "unable to connect to proxy server". I resorted to another reset, but is there any other fix for that?

Also... Damn Sprint Data optimizer is eaten 28% of my battery already. Is that ok to be disabled? I did on Kit Kat, but I'm wondering if that could play a part in the proxy server issue?

If you don't have a need for it, I'd disable it asap.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Turns out disabling data optimizer is what's causing my "no proxy server" problem... Seems different in Lollypop than it was in Kit Kat. I used to have it disabled and it was fine. Bye bye battery.

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I won't have time to do this until next week but if there aren't any dissenting opinions between now and then I'll give it a shot and follow up.

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Personally I don't know why everyone is dying to update to Lollipop. It doesn't seem to change THAT much! Of all the threads dealing with Lollipop that I've read, probably only 3 out of 20 had no problems. I was downloading Lollipop, but cut my WiFi off to prevent the download to finish! It will stay that way until I can hear from more about this "so-called" update.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually really like it. It's so much smoother, stuff loads much faster for me. I also seem to have better connection at work, before the update I had none.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually really like it. It's so much smoother, stuff loads much faster for me. I also seem to have better connection at work, before the update I had none.

I've been debating it. For those that don't have issues that's what I hear and I've not been able to use the WiFi at work since I got this phone so maybe it's worth a shot.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally I don't know why everyone is dying to update to Lollipop. It doesn't seem to change THAT much! Of all the threads dealing with Lollipop that I've read, probably only 3 out of 20 had no problems. I was downloading Lollipop, but cut my WiFi off to prevent the download to finish! It will stay that way until I can hear from more about this "so-called" update.

I haven't had problems but I also haven't noticed a great deal of difference, just a few cosmetic changes.

heath51

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Still don't care for this update. Had it for more than a week and my biggest issue is battery life. No problems with KK. Wish I could go back. My wife and mother won't update their G3 until I give them the ok. I've cleared the cashe, rebooted several times, even left it off for a few minutes but no change. I don't want another phone that I have to plug it in whenever I can. Not comfortable with rooting my phone yet but if it would help with these issues, I guess I'll end up doing it. Any way to resort back to KK??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Any way to resort back to KK??
You would have to unlock the bootloader and possibly root it to return to an older OS / KitKat.

Strange that your finding issue with battery. It doesn't seem to be a huge concern for most, not saying your experience isn't valid.

I'm getting basically the same as I did with Kit Kat and probably using my phone even more now than before exploring the changes in Lollipop.

melhoshy

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
You can get back to tabbed browsing by adjusting the settings in chrome (uncheck the option along the lines of "integrate tabs into app window")

Also, I really liked the swipe up for QuickMemo option but unfortunately I can't get that back. The next best solution I have found is to add it as a shortcut on the homebar, that way you can just click on it as needed and capture the pic (the reason I like this more than screenshot, is that I can then mark on the screenshot to highlight things, etc)

Overall, I do not like this update - the notifications, the new home buttons, removal of swipe up for quickmemo, confusing new silent/priority ringing, and the stupid constant vibration when my phone is fully charged.

I also blame Google for most of these changes, as I think the LG software before (swipe for quickmemo, sound/silent profiles, etc) were more intuitive and just worked better.

heath51

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You would have to unlock the bootloader and possibly root it to return to an older OS / KitKat.

Strange that your finding issue with battery. It doesn't seem to be a huge concern for most, not saying your experience isn't valid.

I'm getting basically the same as I did with Kit Kat and probably using my phone even more now than before exploring the changes in Lollipop.

I've been somewhat tweaking on it, being on vacation this week and off Tuesday thru Friday because of the weather. I really don't want to do a factory reset but if I have to, I guess I will. I'll still keep an eye on this thread and the others as well. Thanks for any and all help from you and everyone else. Great family here.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
yes disable that battery hog! I did and have yet to regret it.

Don't disable it! It must work differently than with Kit Kat. Now when I disable the data optimizer it causes a warning on browser and Facebook "unable to connect to the proxy server". I tried it twice and that seems to be it, although going by what Sprint says that it does, it makes no sense.
I enabled the Sprint connections optimizer too and to tell true surprising truth, neither are battery hogs with Lollipop like they were with Kit Kat. Weird.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely open to suggestions as far as something else causing that error message.... But the fact that turning the data optimizer back on fixed it makes me pretty certain that was it...

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with the update except that infuriating connection to proxy server failed message. I went into apps, cleared data for the browser, then went into that stupid connection optimizer, cleared data and tapped uninstall update. Big improvement. I have only gotten that proxy error once since and it's been 4 days. I was getting it constantly before.

Not a fan of the new priority mode because it forces vibrate.

On a side note, why do so many people clutter up threads meant for bug reports on new updates whining they haven't gotten said update yet? Haven't we all been around enough to know they roll out gradually and will get to everyone soon enough?