Sprint rolling out Oreo to LG G6

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint LG G6 is downloading 8.0.0 now file 1808.5 with May 1, 2019, update patch level. Log only says 'optimizes performance.'

nicjimbass

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Updated mine overnight. Not a huge difference overall (IMO), but it does seem smoother. Facial recognition seems much better, and actually unlocks my phone very quickly (take THAT iPhone X!). Thankfully, the one app I use daily, Android Auto, still works, and seems to work better than on 7.0. I dig it!

nicjimbass

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Just had a bunch of unwanted apps and bloatware install on my phone. AAA, Tidal, 3 Uber apps, and a bunch of Sprint-centric stuff. Yay. :/

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, my Android Auto (AA) also works as it did on 7.0. I still have the same voice detection problem when trying to send text messages (as do so many others on various forums). All other voice commands work ok. Fingers still ctrossed tho. Maybe new AA update will resolve my and the others remaining issues.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed it fixed a lot of lag issues. Runs a lot smoother, battery is still so so. They tweaked the camera setting a little for the better. Haven't seen any bloat ware. But I'll keep an eye out. Definitely happy with the update. Kinda confused though. Since it took so long I figured they would just go to 8.1

nicjimbass

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I had an issue pop up yesterday... the phone kept trying, and failing, to install SOMETHING. I think it was one of the several apps that Sprint decided we "need" with Oreo (AAA, Audible, a slew of Sprint nonsense, 3 Uber apps, and maybe others). Couldn't get it to stop, so I ended up doing a factory reset, then restoring my backup. That seems to have worked. I'm afraid to uninstall any of the new apps, as I don't want the error to pop back up and cause me to have to do another hard reset.

flashstepped

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Since updating to Oreo, my g6 has had Sprint ID trying to install "default" every morning, multiple times, until I force stop the app. I have to uninstall all the bloatware every morning. Anyone know of how to stop Sprint ID from reopening? Seems like a factory reset might be the only way so far.

nicjimbass

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
This is the same issue I had. I did a factory reset, then a Google backup, and it went away. I let the bloatware install, left it a couple days, then deleted it all, with no ill effects.

flashstepped

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
This is the same issue I had. I did a factory reset, then a Google backup, and it went away. I let the bloatware install, left it a couple days, then deleted it all, with no ill effects.

Thanks, I just factory reset my phone today and Sprint ID isn't showing up anymore. Wish it didn't need to be done, but it is what it is.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Battery life became amazing again for me. I had something that was not allowing my phone to go into "Deep Sleep". After updating it "Deep Sleep"s just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD