Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - Candy coated goodness.

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - ***Release starts March 31st***

Still waiting...... Gimme a Break Gimme a Break, Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar

Posted from my Lg G2 over Sprint in Orlando

rcdietz1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone had who is stock rooted had any luck ota? I've tried the force method mentioned, however, all it does is update from zv7 to zv8, however when checking after install, still on zv7 (this is an existing, ongoing problem which many people have had). Should I try doing a factory reset, then try forcing update again, or install from the zip??? Could root be any of my problem? Any suggestions from someone who has experienced or tried same would be appreciated.

ps...if you have installed the zip, which recovery did you use, twrp or cwm?

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Got it yesterday. Running just fine.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Ugh how long do I have to wait? Nothing yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Robert Floyd

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I could be wrong,but I've read if you rooted your phone,you need to unroot,do the update and then root again.

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm in Arkansas so I'm probably last on the list.

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

Still nothing for me either. I'm in Houston Texas and my friend received the OTA update yesterday but nada for me yet

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

I feel your pain, that's usually what happens for me. But I got mine mid morning yesterday. :)

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Sbricky

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Not even sure how to clear framework, but I could go for some of that luscious KitKat goodness.

Posted via LG G2

KingMeander

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

As stated earlier, updates are based on the serial number of the phone, and not your location. How LG assigns serial numbers (or the phones are shipped) is somewhat interesting as a family with two of the phones can sometimes have one updated earlier and the other wait several days before it is updated.

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

As stated earlier, updates are based on the serial number of the phone, and not your location. How LG assigns serial numbers (or the phones are shipped) is somewhat interesting as a family with two of the phones can sometimes have one updated earlier and the other wait several days before it is updated.

Translated it means that the update order is essentially random.

Mdogs67

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Not even sure how to clear framework, but I could go for some of that luscious KitKat goodness.

Posted via LG G2
I hope this helps Sbricky
I know most people are speculating either to try to force update their LG G2 to kitkat with the clear framework or not, and I was one of those people to, until I read somewhere to do an LG backup of your apps.
I've been using kitkat on my G2 for almost 24 hours after doing the force update and I haven't had one problem yet :)
The way you force update is:
First create a backup of your apps in LG Backup: LG Backup>>Backup(only check "Downloaded apps")>Next>Next>> Then your back up should be created
Then you have to start the clear frame work part:
1. Settings>> Apps(Under device)>>Scroll to the right until you hit All>> Now look for Google Service Framework(tap on it)>>then Clear Data
2. Now go and try to update your phone to Kitkat (Settings>>System Updates>>Update LG Software
***If it doesn't work the first time, just keep on repeating those two steps above ^^(1&2)****
After downloading the update and installing it, Go to LG Backup>>File Restore & Management>> Then tap your restore file and click "Ok", then your phone will restore all your previous apps back to their normal state (Your phone may restart after the restoring of your apps.

Last edited:

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to wait till tonight if I don't have it by than, than I'll do the Google Framework clear and factory reset plus reinstall all my apps.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

But as I questioned earlier, this cannot be the case or clearing the data from Google Services framework would not allow you to pick up the update any quicker. Clearing that data does not change you serial number of your device.

So it is somehow related to the info that Google has about your device.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

The way I understand it is that it basically tricks Google's servers into updating it faster.

For me, I am waiting as the Framework trick can cause problems. Just my choice.

Mav. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick