Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - Candy coated goodness.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

Good thing he said he "heard" about the Speedo and not "saw" it. ;)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

That would be a custom rom not a stock Lg Sprint Rom which every one is waiting on. You would have to be rooted with custom recovery to flash a custom rom.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Mdogs67

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Time date

So there is no set date for Sprint to even release any information about the update except the end of March which is a week away

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

No one believes the source on the forums I have been on plus no one has seen or received the so called Verizon Update yet.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
So there is no set date for Sprint to even release any information about the update except the end of March which is a week away

Nope. We will just have to wait and see what happens. I would rather wait and it be bug free, than get it quick and it not work and cause problems with the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm more curious than anything. Only thing that really makes an impact on me is that it's LG and they're actually updating it lol. We know how their track record has been. So after KitKat they'll probably ditch the G2 and I'll be sad.

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

I had info about the update pop up on my Drippler Android News App on my phone and I have never before recieved bad info from it

How to Update LG G2 with Kitkat 4.4 Android OS - Guide

Can anyone confirm if this works? I am afraid to do it for fear of messing up my phone

Just from a quick glance, that seems to be for the international variant of the phone. It will make your phone unhappy.

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

My concern is with Google Wallet. I like the idea of NFC payments and have used GW in the few instances I've found a place setup for NFC. This was done with my HTC EVO LTE on which GW works fine(for now). Not that I've transitioned to the G2 I find the GW situation disappointing. Kit Kat should fix that, which for me is driving the interesting in KK. Currently my Evo is rocking 4.3 which sucks cause my "new" phone is technically a software step back. Of course Google has annouced the discontinuation of GW support for non-KK phones by end of April. If for some reason KK doesnt happen on the G2 by then it will really suck

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Has anything been heard regarding if this update will do anything to allow the Sprint G2 to successfully connect to an Airave? Mine simply does not connect unless you do some goofy work-a-round by temporarily changing some settings. I read somewhere that an update would be coming out to fix this. Think this will be built into it?

Airaves are being phased out.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

Airaves are being phased out.

That sucks because I barely get 3g at the house and my Airave to get that to work my phone had to be on CDMA only.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Took my G2 back to the store today to get it replaced because knock-on and screen rotation of the stock launcher stopped working. The rep told me that I would have a $36 restocking fee because an OTA was coming shortly to fix these problems. I was looking at the monitor he was on because the repair tech had to verify the issues I had shown him weren't faulty hardware related. While looking over his shoulder the other person on the other end of the chat was saying charge me if I want to replace my phone because the 4.4.2 update would be out soon and it is supposed to fix knock-on and screen rotation too.

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

Took my G2 back to the store today to get it replaced because knock-on and screen rotation of the stock launcher stopped working. The rep told me that I would have a $36 restocking fee because an OTA was coming shortly to fix these problems. I was looking at the monitor he was on because the repair tech had to verify the issues I had shown him weren't faulty hardware related. While looking over his shoulder the other person on the other end of the chat was saying charge me if I want to replace my phone because the 4.4.2 update would be out soon and it is supposed to fix knock-on and screen rotation too.

Lol what is soon? Sprints soon can be 6 months. Ha ha

cwise2222

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

The $36 re-stocking fee applies no matter what when you want to return a phone in the 14 day window. If the phone is activated or you take it our the box, the fee applies. No matter what. In theory the store manager could waive it, but it'd have to be a very out of the ordinary circumstance. The rep probably just didn't want a fight over the fee and went with 'oh, yeah, and update will fix that if you wait, otherwise pay up.' Plus they get knocked every time someone returns a phone, even if it's an exchange, and right now is not a good time to have you store look bad.

Sprint reps in any line of business never have advance knowledge of when an update is coming. We only find out the day it happens, rarely the day before. I didn't go into work today so there could be chance there is some news about it. if enough people report a certain issue then we can get told it's a known issue and it's being worked out, but that's about it.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

The $36 re-stocking fee applies no matter what when you want to return a phone in the 14 day window. If the phone is activated or you take it our the box, the fee applies. No matter what. In theory the store manager could waive it, but it'd have to be a very out of the ordinary circumstance. The rep probably just didn't want a fight over the fee and went with 'oh, yeah, and update will fix that if you wait, otherwise pay up.' Plus they get knocked every time someone returns a phone, even if it's an exchange, and right now is not a good time to have you store look bad.

Sprint reps in any line of business never have advance knowledge of when an update is coming. We only find out the day it happens, rarely the day before. I didn't go into work today so there could be chance there is some news about it. if enough people report a certain issue then we can get told it's a known issue and it's being worked out, but that's about it.

So a restocking fee on a faulty device is okay?

And re-read my post.
I saw with my own eyes what the tech on the other end of the chat was saying.

The WheelMan

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

So a restocking fee on a faulty device is okay?

And re-read my post.
I saw with my own eyes what the tech on the other end of the chat was saying.

Soon still doesn't tell us when. A month from now could be soon to Sprint.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Soon still doesn't tell us when. A month from now could be soon to Sprint.

Your right. Soon doesn't tell us when. But if you really need to know exactly when I would advise you to go search for yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy