Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - Candy coated goodness.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - ***Release starts March 31st***

Hope you guys that still don't have the update get it quickly. 😊

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

The way I understand it is that it basically tricks Google's servers into updating it faster.

For me, I am waiting as the Framework trick can cause problems. Just my choice.

Mav. :cool:

I'm with ya....tempting though. I used that trick on my Nexus and it worked.

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

I read somewhere that rollout isn't based off serial number. Sprint does a rollout on stages and gradually increases the number of phones allowed the update as time passes. Your phone has a certain percentage chance of receiving the update when you query, and as time passes,that percentage gets higher. This way if there were major problems they could catch it early before too many people get it. My understanding is that your phone is allowed one query every 24 hours and after that one, any further button mashing nets you the same results. Clearing the services might trick the servers into thinking you have not checked yet and basically resets your chances.

This is just something i read on a different message board, but it makes sense.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I read somewhere that rollout isn't based off serial number. Sprint does a rollout on stages and gradually increases the number of phones allowed the update as time passes. Your phone has a certain percentage chance of receiving the update when you query, and as time passes,that percentage gets higher. This way if there were major problems they could catch it early before too many people get it. My understanding is that your phone is allowed one query every 24 hours and after that one, any further button mashing nets you the same results. Clearing the services might trick the servers into thinking you have not checked yet and basically resets your chances.

This is just something i read on a different message board, but it makes sense.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

It's like trying to understand the movie, "The Fountain...." Who knows what the real deal is. At least we know it's coming. I EVENTUALLY got Spark, but was one of the last.

themartyred

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

bcbbanga4l

Meanwhile I'm still waiting lol

and I cannot really understand why we're having to wait! there's not THAT many G2's out there! I could understand if this was a huge seller getting updated.

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

Tried Clear Frameworks 20 times and still no damn update. Sad

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edit. Took 25 times but I am downloading. Sweet!!

Dana Leasman

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Still nada. I get the staggered notification, but they really should still allow users to request. Else, people who dont know, care, or understand are getting update opportunity before others who have waited patiently, and eagerly. It is what it is, I guess.

Sbricky

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Check off downloaded apps? Why don't I want those copied

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

Still nada. I get the staggered notification, but they really should still allow users to request. Else, people who dont know, care, or understand are getting update opportunity before others who have waited patiently, and eagerly. It is what it is, I guess.

Your not clicking check for firmware update. Your looking for LG Software Update.

It took me twenty five times to get it to work. I honestly don't know if it's the clearing Google Frameworks that got it or the fact that your keep fetting a chance at hit check for LG Software Update.

If you don't want to try the Clear Google Frameworks trick try changing the date a month out and keep doing it day by day and checking till it comes.

But I used the Clear Google Frameworks and it worked.

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I wonder what's the longest someone had to wait after a rollout started before they saw theirs.

Posted via Android Central App

Mdogs67

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Check off downloaded apps? Why don't I want those copied

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app
No I mean, only select download apps......... its the fastest way to restore to your previous apps

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site

I would advise to be patient while waiting for the update.. i rec'd it this morning. I can't see the phone operates any differently. I'm still on 3G. Still drop signals while being literally 300 feet from the tower, Much Ado About Nothing.

Julio Esteves

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

y7a7ezej.jpg
I Have It , I Did The Google Frame Work Clear Data And Forced Close , Worked Fined , Nothing Happening As Of Now

The WheelMan

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

and I cannot really understand why we're having to wait! there's not THAT many G2's out there! I could understand if this was a huge seller getting updated.

Yeah, because over two million phones is almost nothing... :D

latinoboi30

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

I just now received the OTA update and it's downloading as I type this. I did the framework thing to get it.

Posted via Android Central App

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I got the update download, but am too low on battery...won't let me update. LOL

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Plug that ish in and tell it a story to pass the time!

Sent from The LG-G2.

I updated.....I did the frameworks trick. It DID mess some shtuff up. But if you're savvy with Android you can fix it without hard resetting. Everything SO FAR I have fixed. But it did take some time. MMS works, SMS works, Hangouts works, Gmail works. So far nothing weird. The native messaging app has a smaller text field, which is awesome. Transitions are smoother - not so fast anymore. Which is good. The knock knock is more responsive....

I'll keep adding as I notice more.

-Auto brightness is more responsive
-More memory...about twice as much. I have about 800 with 10 apps running. I used to have 350-400..if that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk