Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat Tips, Tricks, Traps, Problems, Concerns, LIkes, Dislikes Thread.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Now that KitKat is being supplied to our Sprint G2s, here is the place to list your likes, dislikes, problems, etc with the new OS.

So let's hear what everyone thinks.
Good, Bad or Ugly.

Mav. :cool:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
After installing everything seems fine. But how do you restore everything from your Gmail account.

Posted via Android Central App

I guess clearing Google Services framework data does do something after all.

Google has said factory data reset and time should restore settings/data. They did not specify how much time.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess clearing Google Services framework data does do something after all.

Google has said factory data reset and time should restore settings/data. They did not specify how much time.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

He could have factory reset before doing the update, which would mean he'd have to log back in.
Besides backing your apps with the LG backup also appears to back up the apps framework. Meaning, when you restore it repairs any issues it would normally cause, I.E. Notifications not getting pushed.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Other than that little hiddegity piddegity, I'm enjoying the new OS. Very fast, and no slow down once it completely installed.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice that the character counter is now in the message box in the messaging app. Not necessarily anything wrong with it, just think it looks weird 😕

Rockin my LG G2

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten use to the MMS menu now. It gives me a Google Drive theme and shows all my media now (cloud and device).

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm pissed. They took away Aspect Ratio option under Display Settings. Now Gun Bros has tiny controls.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!