Square bar codes for apps

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
What do i need so i can scan the square bar code things to download apps directly from sites? I thought that it was pre installed on the x, but i guess not. Sorry for the VERY NOOB question. I searched but only found actual retail barcode readers. Thx guys

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have never understood those stupid barcodes. It seems like tech for tech's sake. I know how to use them, but it seems to be a longer, inefficient way to make things happen.

Wouldn't it be easier to just give the URL?

Plus, if I know the name of the app, the quickest way is to open the market and search for it.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have never understood those stupid barcodes. It seems like tech for tech's sake. I know how to use them, but it seems to be a longer, inefficient way to make things happen.

Wouldn't it be easier to just give the URL?

Plus, if I know the name of the app, the quickest way is to open the market and search for it.

I find it easier to just open barcode scanner and snap a pic of my computer monitor (2 button presses) than open the market (1 press), press search (1 press), type the name (god knows how many presses), hope that there's only one app named that and that I'm getting the right one, etc.

Tons easier to just use the barcode.

As for the URL....no. Well, assuming you are reading the forum on a PC and not your phone.

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Use "Bar Code Scanner" or "Shop Savvy." For the person that says they don't understand, there are apps that rely on the barcodes. I'm using Diet Tracker. You can enter in the food you're eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and so on. You can choose to search their database for a particular food. Such as Lean Cuisine and get 100 search results or you could just use the program's built-in barcode scanner, find it automatically, and be done in 10 seconds.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Some ULR's are very long and/or complicated. Why type all of that when I can simply click one icon to open the software and simply aim it at a QR code?

Only one click to open the software, it then automatically goes into camera mode and when it recognizes the code just asks you to open the browser. So two clicks total.
It is called efficiency.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

You do know that they've been widely adopted in Japan for a while now, right? Google's just trying to get it popular here in the US.
And alot of technology is just tech for tech sake. 3D TVs, Blu-Ray... hell, when the first computer were hitting, how many people thought you'd need one of those at home?

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You do know that they've been widely adopted in Japan for a while now, right? Google's just trying to get it popular here in the US.
And alot of technology is just tech for tech sake. 3D TVs, Blu-Ray... hell, when the first computer were hitting, how many people thought you'd need one of those at home?

OK - I'll admit the only other time I'd tried those codes, I had to jump through a bunch of hopes such as take a picture of it and text it somewhere. I thought that was far more time consuming than it was worth.

With the barcode scanner app, I see it's a pretty quick process now.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I actuall use the QR code on my business cards ... It adds a little flavor and its very functional ... I can put much more info in the code including images .. Websites ... and directly load into the phones contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00