Standby battery drain

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It sucks taht this is the only way. I actually use Google now for google voice search. Actually will OKAY google still work if I switch off google now? I have widget that came with stock Note 5 for google search on main screen and I use commands quite often, will it still work if I have google now OFF?

You don't have to have Google Now running to use voice search. I rarely turn Google Now and have always used Google search voice, sometimes using the widget that comes with the phone. Also I use "OK Google".

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I think your cell signal has a lot to do with the standby drain. I have a poor signal in my house. 1 bar at most. This causes standby battery drain. (at least I think it does)

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have 3/5 bars of 4g at my house, and about the same at work. I have a signal booster not setup, I suppose I could do that, but I think it's only 1x or 3g. Won't my phone default to the 4g it sees instead?

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my screen shot. Standby and Android system is highest. Normal? 4 hrs SOT

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 877.jpg
    877.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 129

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
My android system drains almost 40%! Is there any way to fix that? I already tried DU battery saver pro and it doesn't seem to help with android

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine is always green. The old one had a line under it showing the signal. A bad signal can drain your phone fast.

I need to find out from Samsung what determines if it is green or yellow..

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Strange I'm on the t-mobile variant of the note 5 and even though I have the phone on airplane mode with Wi-Fi calling on I still get high call standby drain. Isnt my radio supposed to be off when on airplane mode?

Overall I have great battery life so I don't really pay attention to that number

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001