StandBy battery drain!

tpz7676

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid Turbo, and ever since the first software update a few years back I have been experiencing battery draining issues. With Lollipop it was the OS system and Google play services Mobile radio active drain... Now since I updated to 6.0 a few days ago... I'm getting the Cell Standby drain... as well as the google play services drain... all due to mobile radio active... and this is with mobile data turned off!!! The battery was great before all the updates. I'm really sick of this crap.... the phone will be at 90% one min then if I use mobile data for even a few min... an hour later I'm down to like 60% and my battery usage claims it is cell standby using over 20%. Is this just google garbage taking over our phones? I have all bloatware disabled, etc... I'm getting tired of my phone operating without me telling it to do so. I'm getting ready to go with apple. I own all Macs at home... I'm not going to waste my money on another Android if I'm going to have the same battery draining bugs plague me.

swharshbar

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest a factory reset and add apps individually to see if you have a rogue app causing your issue. I installed the update on my turbo and although I'm not using it day to day (upgraded to S7e), I still play with the phone and haven't seen that issue with mine. Battery is still strong. I'd bet a factory reset would help your issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.