Steam Damage

tripsbacks

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I brought my V20 to the local Sprint store on Monday. The phone would not start when I woke up. I had gone to bed with a 61% charge. The tech took the phone apart and showed me some corrosion on the motherboard. He said steam from a shower or setting the phone next to boiling water probably did the trick. I do leave my phone next to the sink when I shower. I know the phone is not water resistant but I have a hard time believing the phone got damaged this way. I have been listening to music in the shower since the Motorola Krzr days. I had to file a claim with Asurion. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? The V20 is a pretty well put together phone so I am a little stunned.

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I brought my V20 to the local Sprint store on Monday. The phone would not start when I woke up. I had gone to bed with a 61% charge. The tech took the phone apart and showed me some corrosion on the motherboard. He said steam from a shower or setting the phone next to boiling water probably did the trick. I do leave my phone next to the sink when I shower. I know the phone is not water resistant but I have a hard time believing the phone got damaged this way. I have been listening to music in the shower since the Motorola Krzr days. I had to file a claim with Asurion. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? The V20 is a pretty well put together phone so I am a little stunned.

I would have taken it to a different Sprint store. I can't imagine the phone corroding after 1 or 2 showers since last Monday.... :mad:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that's really rather shocking. I hope Asurian gets you taken care of smoothly and quickly. I am surprised to read this.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Did it trigger the water damage stickers? There is one on the battery and one behind the battery. Not sure if there are any internal ones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy