Still loving this phone on GB

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Can someone post up a link with info on how to go back to gb?

And also a link with info on reseting, so my ics works? I had to such my phone with gb, and get a new one from sprint, and it came with ics...sucks!

Just go over to xda in Epic Touch development and find sfhub's one click Odin, he has a return to El 29 gb. It's easy to use, just read the instructions and your all set to go. Just make sure you use full restore so that all the ICS data will be erased , if you keep any ICS data your phone will be a mess.
If you have root use option "c".
Check out QBKing 77 videos on you tube also.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=19269878

JayWill 72 also has a revert back to el 29 thread, look him up.

Pp.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Who would like to agree with me..???

I still just love this phone on GB and have no intentions of updating to Ice Cream anytime soon. The question is, why upgrade? You've got great reception

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you, this is a great device. Why mess it up with ics! If I want ics I'll get a Nexus .

Pp.

Sent from the future using Mayan technology.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't run into the problems a lot of other people ran into, and my battery life hasn't changed since the ICS upgrade. What I love is the stock ICS launcher and Chrome (which has replaced Dolphin as my default browser).

The only downside is that the email app is a bit broken. When you tap on new message in the notification shade, it jumps to the last message you had open instead of the new message.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
On my 2nd E4GT as the previous one died from daily random rebo ots and over heating. My refurbished phone came with stick GB, and I will leave it alone until more stable updates. Just wish I could stop those annoying ICS updates.

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
On my 2nd E4GT as the previous one died from daily random rebo ots and over heating. My refurbished phone came with stick GB, and I will leave it alone until more stable updates. Just wish I could stop those annoying ICS updates.

If your rooted xda has a zip file that stops the update notifications. flash it in cwm.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=30205683

Pp.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Qazee

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
im still on gb as well. i can't afford to lose foxfi. i use it all day at work driving from job to job. sorry ics you are not in the near future..

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
im still on gb as well. i can't afford to lose foxfi. i use it all day at work driving from job to job. sorry ics you are not in the near future..

Just out of curiosity, how much data are you using in a given month?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's been a couple of times that I accidentally launched the ICS OTA and every time I have, inavariably I run in to the same issues that have been documented. By now, I've learned my lesson, rolled back to GB and at this point have no desire to upgrade. My battery life under GB is great and I'm very satisfied with GB.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Because you all was using ff18 version of ics the newest version has awesome battery life. Better than gb

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf