still no ONE UI update

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So I still have not got the one UI update. I have the LTE version through T-Mobile but just using the watch with Bluetooth. I keep checking daily and still on the old software. Tried resetting the watch, deleting gear app from my phone and still no luck.
Anyone with any words of wisdom to help me get updated? Tried calling Samsung support and that was a disaster and waste of time as they had no idea what the current software on the watch even was.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So I still have not got the one UI update. I have the LTE version through T-Mobile but just using the watch with Bluetooth. I keep checking daily and still on the old software. Tried resetting the watch, deleting gear app from my phone and still no luck.
Anyone with any words of wisdom to help me get updated? Tried calling Samsung support and that was a disaster and waste of time as they had no idea what the current software on the watch even was.

Will you be using the LTE function of the watch? If not, why not just return the watch and get a non-carrier version instead? I got a bluetooth only version of the Samsung Galaxy 42mm watch (from Macy's of all places), and the new UI update came on right away without any problem.

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had the watch since launch and bought it for half price from a guy on Craigslist. brand new, unopened. so swapping it out is not likely. not sure if it is a T-Mobile issue where they haven't released the updates yet.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had the watch since launch and bought it for half price from a guy on Craigslist. brand new, unopened. so swapping it out is not likely. not sure if it is a T-Mobile issue where they haven't released the updates yet.

I'm curious now, what does the new update offer that the old/current version doesn't? I don't know the answer because I did an immediate software update upon purchase.

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
aokusman1 did you have the LTE turned on? wondering if I need to have that activated to get the update

dbow27

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
from what I understand it has a new visual look and similar features. I would love to get it to find out how different it is. I don't know if my watch is defective and cannot receive updates

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
aokusman1 did you have the LTE turned on? wondering if I need to have that activated to get the update

I recently got a warranty replacement. My watch would not update to One UI until I connected to the T-Mobile network. So yes, for the LTE version, an LTE connection can be a prerequisite for the One UI update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FerretPhone