News Stop being stupid, the Galaxy S24's Exynos 2400 will be just fine

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Stop being stupid, "just fine" is not good enough for a full priced flagship phone.

Also, stop being stupid, wanting a buffer to make sure the Exynos 2400 can do it's job is not stupid if you remember the mess that was the 2200.
But the 2200, once optimized, proved to be in par with and better in a few categories than Snapdragon. There are YouTube videos showing this. It took 3 to 6 months or more, though.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
I played with all 3 of the new 24's at The Samsung Experience center in Kangnam, Seoul on Friday. They were running full brightness in the front window, and the only one slightly warm was the base 24 model. Wasn't running intensive tasks, but it cooled well being on all day as people tested in bright conditions.

Reactions: Dani_2077

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
But the 2200, once optimized, proved to be in par with and better in a few categories than Snapdragon. There are YouTube videos showing this. It took 3 to 6 months or more, though.
Doesn't matter. Six months is too long for a phone to become usable. I say this about the Pixel 6 and I say the same thing about the S22 Ultra Exynos.

Reactions: gmschoen

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Doesn't matter. Six months is too long for a phone to become usable. I say this about the Pixel 6 and I say the same thing about the S22 Ultra Exynos.
Become usable? I guess I missed the recall due to lack of functionality?

Seriously, the Exynos haters are a nutty bunch. And probably more than a few paid shills.

Reactions: rvbfan

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Become usable? I guess I missed the recall due to lack of functionality?

Seriously, the Exynos haters are a nutty bunch. And probably more than a few paid shills.
sorry, I didn't realise you didn't understand hyperbole.Yeah my bank account is fat with that Qualcomm and mediatek money lol

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
sorry, I didn't realise you didn't understand hyperbole.Yeah my bank account is fat with that Qualcomm and mediatek money lol
Fat with money? I rather envisioned a poor Chinese 20-something with a 4-year degree sweating over a wall of spam phones, earning 1/3 what they would have 3 years ago.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Besides, I am laughing a bit ... The s24+ Exynos is out-performing the s24 Ultra Snap in heat and stress tests on YouTube.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Besides, I am laughing a bit ... The s24+ Exynos is out-performing the s24 Ultra Snap in heat and stress tests on YouTube.
That's pretty cool if it's true.

You may have misunderstood. I don't want it to be bad, I just don't trust it to be good.

Maybe you're the one who's being paid to schill for Exynos though

Reactions: Dani_2077

bysvindal

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
I don't think it's "stupid" to be cautious considering the terrible track record of Samsung's Exynos. It's not about benchmarks, it's about poor power management, worse battery life, bad optimisations and worse camera processing. You can't ask anyone to wait months until Samsung somehow manages to "optimise" their own chip.
This is not about haters, let's be clear, it's about trust in a chipset which has proven a disaster for years. This 2400 one might be good, no one knows, but don't expect customers to blindly throw cash around just because "Samsung said...". Samsung said... with every previous Exynos models and it was a complete mess.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
I played around a bit more with the s24 and 24+ Exynos phones and can confirm that there is a slight sluggishness in the useage when swiping over to the far left news screen. We can choose Google News, or it comes with a more Korean news from Samsung, if I remember correctly. I didn't see the same hiccup with the 24 Ultra Snapdragon. Seems more smooth. Just being honest. This kind of thing reared it's ugly head at the beginning of other Exynos chips and worked itself out after one or two months. Definitely not as bad as prior ex-nose chips at launch, but just there enough that I can see a difference. Grr.

I do hope for the success of the Samsung chips, but I like to say I'm honest in my assessment.

lenny861022

Jan 31, 2024
Visit site
I decided to get the smallest Samsung S24 after my iPhone 13 mini’s battery started to give up battery life. - dear I made a mistake.

First of all the S24 feels and look really well made product.Very light and extremely fast(no lag),amazing sound from the speakers ,gorgeous display but that is it or at least with the Exynos version.

My phone hardly survived 4-4.5 hrs with minimum use.Settings were at 60HZ,no Bluetooth,no vibrations,no running apps in the background,no AOD,really at bare minimum.Couldn’t even finish a message or mail without the battery not going down by 2-3%.Very frustrating and annoying having a nice phone and just seeing the battery percentage dropping down faster than the light.I have just sent it back.Such a shame.Just to compare my 2.5 years old 13 mini had almost the same battery life with the same usage.Again,my friend’s SD3 S24 have no issues at all,so it tells everything about Exynos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69