stuck on battery screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung a10s was on charge overnight. This morning it was stuck on a flashing 100% and wouldn't let me turn the phone off. I got rid of it by holding down the power and volume buttons, but can anyone tell me what caused it and how I stop it from happening again??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung a10s was on charge overnight. This morning it was stuck on a flashing 100% and wouldn't let me turn the phone off. I got rid of it by holding down the power and volume buttons, but can anyone tell me what caused it and how I stop it from happening again??

I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again... I've had phones that had a one time glitch that never happened again after years of use. If it happens again come back and join up, and we'll try and help you fix it ;)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with JDubbs: sometimes, random and weird glitches happen and do not appear again. My Pixel 5 is an excellent example of some wonky things that suddenly never return. Keep us posted if the issue happens again!

I would caution against leaving a phone on its charger overnight, though. I know battery tech has improved greatly over the years and most phones will stop charging once they peak at 100% -- but if your phone is old or encountering some glitches, I'd leave it plugged into an outlet during the day, where you can supervise.