Stuck on fast boot and /data corupted

deadring

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry but don't know which model i have exactly.

My CW rooted Nexus just went *click* and rebooted. now it's stuck on locked google screen.
i tried restoring a back up i had and it went to "error" restoring /data". Tried wiping out cache, user data, dalvik and the likes..

still no go..

i resintalled GnexRootToolkit.v1.3 and got the ADB driver going on the the laptop and now i'm stuck there
I downloaded darkside super wipe but don't know how to put it on the phone or what do it with it..

If someone can please help, it would greatly appreciated.

Is there a way in fast boot to push files in the nexus while in recovery mode ? maybe i can do a super wipe and start over ?

I have the driver installed on the laptop and i want to Place something on ROOT of your SD card.. but i dont have access to usb debugging since it's dead :\\\

Last edited:

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry but don't know which model i have exactly.

My CW rooted Nexus just went *click* and rebooted. now it's stuck on locked google screen.
i tried restoring a back up i had and it went to "error" restoring /data". Tried wiping out cache, user data, dalvik and the likes..

still no go..

i resintalled GnexRootToolkit.v1.3 and got the ADB driver going on the the laptop and now i'm stuck there
I downloaded darkside super wipe but don't know how to put it on the phone or what do it with it..

If someone can please help, it would greatly appreciated.

Is there a way in fast boot to push files in the nexus while in recovery mode ? maybe i can do a super wipe and start over ?

I have the driver installed on the laptop and i want to Place something on ROOT of your SD card.. but i dont have access to usb debugging since it's dead :\\\

You said you can get into recovery? Have your tried just flashing a new rom on the phone instead of performing a nandroid? I wouldnt think it would matter but its worth a shot. EDIT: Sorry, missed the part that you said you cant push files to the phone. There might be a way, I dont know. That is something that another (better) crackflasher would have to answer for you.

worst comes to worse you could always fastboot a rom onto your phone without flashing it. It's not something that I have not tried specifically however it is supposedly possible. You should be able to get access to everything you need to do by doing that.

deadring

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried using a backup i had on it..actually 3 of them.... it always crashes the second it starts to wright in /DATA..

not sure on this one but should i be on ODIN mode to push files ( lower volume + power) or should i be in fastboot mode (lower volume+ high volume + power) ? Seems to work in fast boot mode though..

Went i get to push a file in /sdcard/ it says file not found ???

:\\

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried using a backup i had on it..actually 3 of them.... it always crashes the second it starts to wright in /DATA..

not sure on this one but should i be on ODIN mode to push files ( lower volume + power) or should i be in fastboot mode (lower volume+ high volume + power) ? Seems to work in fast boot mode though..

Went i get to push a file in /sdcard/ it says file not found ???

:\\

No, Odin is specific to Samsung. U can use Odin to go back to 4.0.2 unrooted and just reroot. Then go from there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

deadring

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Any reason why i can't push any files on the phone??

when i download files to the phone it says it does i but when i go to choose a zip file to install it' just not there..

i do see in the toolkit 7.0 the list of device attached and its got the numbers and all and i see "recovery" at the end so the driver should be installed properly.

when i browse in the phone with fast boot i can't see any files..only directories. wtf is going on ?? how did it get so messed up ?

EDIT: i'm stuck in read only mode.. so i can't write in the phone..

Any suggestions?

EDIT 2 : got to write on it...So now should i just put a rom on it in zip format and try to install it ? becuse i just tried one and got the same "error while restoring /data"

Last edited:

deadring

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Itried to put a fresh stock image on the phone with the tookit and it's been at it all night "writing system" ???

How long is this supposed to take??? i fear it may have hanged again ..trying it again now.. seems to be the same thing..

Any help please?

deadring

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I found the Odin3 program but the file to use to this is not the right one.. i got a GSM phone i think.... ( Virgin)
is there a diffrent version of the program odin3 for GSM phones?

the one in the link is for CDMA

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am sure that there is, but I do not have a link for it. If you go UP from the XDA forum I linked to just Galaxy Nexus Android Development (not Verizon), and search for ODIN, you should be able to find it.

Re Odin- Read the OP twice, then start reading the last page in the thread backwards a few pages to see what, if any, issues people tend to have and how to resolve them. 10-15 minutes spent reading first, can save you a ton of time later.

deadring

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Got Odin going ...version 1.85 with Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) 4.0.4 (IMM76I)

all i got was this :(

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> ‹
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

WTH is going on ??

deadring

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I may have saved it!

I went into the toolkit 7.0 and put option 10 (reflash to stock recovery) and flushed everything.. it took a long time when it flashed /data/, the others were pretty short..then i rebooted it and it's back as OEM 4.01.. for some reason the CW recovery couldn't flash everything like the stock one can... so that was the solution it hink..

i'm gonna try to put back the CW recovery and see if i can put back a rom on it.