Stuck on waiting for device after fastboot command

carltasmania

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Be warned - there is no such thing as fastboot mode for most Samsung Galaxy devices - you'll be wasting your time doing this and typing "fastboot devices" for many hours!
If you have problems with your recovery, it works to just reflash the CF-autoroot kit, which happens to flash the cache partition too. My problem was a bootloop with TWRP's obviously buggy OpenRecoveryScript, which was installing a ZIP file over and over again.

Deli Seli

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
I solved the problem :)

1) Open device manager in windows

2) Connect usb cable to your phone pushing volume up button(for xperia sola)

3) Device manager will show you fastboot device for 2-3 sec (before the phone go to charge mode) Right click on fastboot device and install drivers from C:\Android\sdk\extras\google\usb_driver

4) Reconnect usb cable pushing volup button

You sir, really deserve a medal of honor. I spent approximately 6 f*cking hours for that issue. The only hard part was trying the install it befor it skips the charging mode. Thanks a lot again.

loughlast

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
hey Guys!

i'm trying to root my phone (ASUS Zenfone5) using zenslaves, when i start a script by application the gadget restart but always stop in bootloader
showing the message: "fastboot waiting CMD" and on aplication <waiting for device>
as you will see adb looks like working fine, but fastboot... i don't know what i can do!
View attachment 217037
some ideia?

i'm using ubuntu 15.10
i have installed:
adb drivers (working ) ,
USB2 and USB3 ports (working 2),
fastboot (first doubt) and
SDK

Hey folks
I have this problem in my Asus zenpad 10 Z300cnl tablet.
It suddenly goes into Fastboot mode with the options to choose 'recovery mode', Power off mode', 'Normal boot mode', and 'Restart bootloader mode'. Each time I chose any of these options it goes off and comes on again with same condition.

These are what I see under the Fastboot mode:
PRODUCT_NAME - P0IT_1
VARIANT - P0IT_1
HW_VERSION - PR
BOOTLOADER VERSION - 1.00
IFWI VERSION - 0099.0063
SERIAL NUMBER - 59DC78AC
SIGNING - unknown
SECURE_BOOT - unknown
DROIDBOOT BUILD - 3.0_0218.1

FASTBOOT CMD WAITING...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Very old thread, but if anyone comes across it, one thing to try is to hold the power button down until the device (phone or tablet) vibrates. Then, at least, (assuming you've installed the drivers to the PC) the PC will recognize the device and you can boot the boot.img file to see if there's any Android installed at all. (If there is, just fastboot flash boot boot.img and you should be back in business. If there isn't, you'll have to reflash the ROM (which wipes the device with most devices, which is why a phone, like any other computer, should always be backed up).

anon(7884790)

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Peeps, I still have the waiting for any device message in the shell window...

PS C:\Users\scrat\Desktop\fastboot-win\platform-tools> adb devices
List of devices attached
FA774BN00435 device

PS C:\Users\scrat\Desktop\fastboot-win\platform-tools> adb start-server
PS C:\Users\scrat\Desktop\fastboot-win\platform-tools> fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-pme.img
< waiting for any device >

The listed device comes up after connecting my HTC 10 thru Win 10. I'm also connected thru PDAnet on USB tethering. This happens on both my HTC phones, this one has been factory reset and booted into downloader mode and is ***unlocked*** but says ***FUSED** as well as S-ON and ***software status modified***. In downloader mode it just says unlocked and fused. One thing I'm not sure about is that in the absence of the FASTBOOT mode which is now downloader mode, when I choose the latter it keeps going back to the downloader mode screen unless I choose reboot, but will that reboot into downloder mode ?

Ive tried a number of things mentioned on here but even when I get the ADB command recognising the phone I can't get further than the flash recovery command. I've tried both USB 3 and 2 with the same result.

Is this a WIn10 latest update bug ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Peeps, I still have the waiting for any device message in the shell window...

PS C:\Users\scrat\Desktop\fastboot-win\platform-tools> adb devices
List of devices attached
FA774BN00435 device

PS C:\Users\scrat\Desktop\fastboot-win\platform-tools> adb start-server
PS C:\Users\scrat\Desktop\fastboot-win\platform-tools> fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-pme.img

The listed device comes up after connecting my HTC 10 thru Win 10. I'm also connected thru PDAnet on USB tethering. This happens on both my HTC phones, this one has been factory reset and booted into downloader mode and is ***unlocked*** but says ***FUSED** as well as S-ON and ***software status modified***. In downloader mode it just says unlocked and fused. One thing I'm not sure about is that in the absence of the FASTBOOT mode which is now downloader mode, when I choose the latter it keeps going back to the downloader mode screen unless I choose reboot, but will that reboot into downloder mode ?

Ive tried a number of things mentioned on here but even when I get the ADB command recognising the phone I can't get further than the flash recovery command. I've tried both USB 3 and 2 with the same result.

See if @Rukbat can help here

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
adb start-server
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-pme.img

No, it's a user bug.

Assuming that you already set the phone to S-OFF, the sequence is:

adb devices
(wait for your phone to show up)
adb reboot download

the phone will take a while to reboot. then

fastboot devices

then flash TWRP.

See https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/how-to/2016-05-27-fastboot-flashing-firmware-t3387520 for some discussion on flashing the HTC 10.

anon7884790

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
No, it's a user bug.

Assuming that you already set the phone to S-OFF, the sequence is:

adb devices
adb reboot download

the phone will take a while to reboot. then

fastboot devices

then flash TWRP.

See https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/how-to/2016-05-27-fastboot-flashing-firmware-t3387520 for some discussion on flashing the HTC 10.

Hi Rukbat..... I can't S-OFF without install/flashing twrp or rooting. I've tried sunshine but it fails the 2nd test.

anon7884790

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi Rukbat, in the end I bit the bullet and got OneCLickRoot to remote root my phone. It took the guy two episodes of 2 hrs and 1/2 hr to sort it. i couldnt have done it after watching the guy go through the processes needed. it was a flashboot problem and had to cmd it during the phone booting up in download mode quickly before it got to the screen and voila, the fastboot devices recognised the phone and it was then all plain sailing.

Thanks for all your help, I still dont know what the real problem was, the guy said it was because the phone was already unlocked ?? now I just have to S-OFF it lol.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe