Stylus replacement?

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I just went through "customer service" with Samsung on their site and via twitter to hear their pathetic reasons why they can't help with the repair of their stylus.
What do people do to replace or fix their damaged stylus tips? Mine seems slightly bent and has trouble making contact with the screen like a bad dry erase marker. Are there self-repair kits? Are there knock-offs? You don't need to replace the whole pen do you??
Thanks for any help!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, S-Pen tips are replaceable. Can't recall if they ship with a couple replacements in the box anymore, but they used to at least a couple years ago. Just pluck the tip out, replace and push in until it clicks. Done.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, no my S7+ didnt come with any. Surprised (but then again not really) that neither person at Samsung said the nibs/tips were replaceable. Leeches. I also just realised online that lots of people buy OTHER pens?! That works? I specifically remember styli not working across different devices. My Tab S7+ for example doesn't work on my Android phone. Doesn't recognise it at all.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use it with another S-Pen compatible device (Wacom tech), it will work. The tip itself is non-conductive, so regular touchscreens will not recognize it (hence why you need those puffy rubber or metal-mesh tip pens to work on 'normal' phones). Some S-Pen devices need to have the option to recognize any other S-Pens by turning on the Wacom digitizer on while the display is on (consumes more battery); for instance, Note devices with a siloh for the pen will need this in order to recognize S-Pen input if the included pen is still in the compartment.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, no my S7+ didnt come with any. Surprised (but then again not really) that neither person at Samsung said the nibs/tips were replaceable. Leeches. I also just realised online that lots of people buy OTHER pens?! That works? I specifically remember styli not working across different devices. My Tab S7+ for example doesn't work on my Android phone. Doesn't recognise it at all.

the S-Pen is special, any crappy capacitive stylus will work with any modern device, but you need an extra inductive layer in the screen to enable an S-Pen.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
The replacement tips are available on Amazon.
I'm pretty sure the tips are replaceable. Samsung probably sell them but you can also just look on Amazon.
Yes, I see that now but if you look at what's available the feedback from people isn't great. They're apparently all very stiff and don't at all have the same feel as the original ones from Samsung. I'm searching through the ones available here on Amazon in Canada for one that a large number of people actually like.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
(2 Pack) Stylus s Pen Nibs/Tips Replacement for Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 11.0" Wi-Fi/LTE/5G,Galaxy Tab S7+/S7 Plus 12.4" Wi-Fi/LTE/5G (tab s7/ s7 Plus nibs- Black) https://a.co/d/9GUrdNO

I bought these Tab s7 in February and it works great. I'm still using the first one out the package with no issues.

These aren't the same feel as the original.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I see that now but if you look at what's available the feedback from people isn't great. They're apparently all very stiff and don't at all have the same feel as the original ones from Samsung. I'm searching through the ones available here on Amazon in Canada for one that a large number of people actually like.

I couldn't comment on quality for any of them.

Back when Samsung did include spare tips, they had 2 different types included in the box. Some were softer to create more resistance on the screen while others were harder and slid along the glass with little to no resistance. They certainly offered different writing experiences.