Summary of the troubles people are having with the new G4

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
1. MISSED TAP:
Almost all users reporting that G4 missing many taps to recognize.
Please note Tardus hasn't experienced missed taps.

2. LAGGING ISSUE:
There is stuttering here and there in G4, not only in the stock launcher but also in the whole system.
No stuttering on mine or lags.

3. BATTERY LIFE:
Many of the moderate to heavy users complaining about quick battery drainage with low to medium brightness.

I have battery left at the end of the day. and I use the phone way too much!

4. HEATING & SLOW CHARGING ISSUE:
Not an issue happily.

5. OTHER ISSUES:
These are some random issues found by some people:
a) White sparking light in the screen. No.
b) Yellow tint on screen. No.
c) Bad bluetooth audio. I don't use BT much
d) Wifi speed problem. Better than my G3, and G3 was fine
e) Helium app doesn't work properly. Don't use or need Helium. I love LG Backup. I know not the same thing...
f) Nova launcher cannot install properly. On stock launcher
g) Vibration too soft. I keep vibration off
h) Auto brightness inconsistancy. Yes that is messed up at times

It would be very helpful to correlate the carrier model and the problem. My Guess a couple of carriers' versions may have more issues. Hint - in the US the two largest.

I have the H811 and have used the H815 extensively, and honestly only the one problem as noted (h). But if this helps to improve the phone, great! Overall the Android 5.1 is very solid IMO. I'm very happy with the G4.

Good work and I hope all G4's are problem free.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At work, plugging the cable that came with the phone into my computer, I'll actually still drain battery while using my phone even though it's charging. I'm thinking about getting a real charger for my desk

Posted via the Android Central App

This is the case with most phones. The current from a PC isn't very strong at all.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Can someone name that phone that has no issue's what so ever?

Head scratching hmmmm nope i just don't remember 😜😜😜

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
At work, plugging the cable that came with the phone into my computer, I'll actually still drain battery while using my phone even though it's charging. I'm thinking about getting a real charger for my desk

The USB cable makes a difference. LG stock or a good thick cable from Monoprice or Amazon might make a big difference. Also, use the USB 3.0 (blue) on the PC.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My G4 charges incredibly fast when I use the Quick Charge Charger I purchased. Regarding the OP I did notice some lag when I first got the phone this past Friday but it has disappeared. The phone was actually getting better before I got the ATT update but I think it's gotten even better since then. I just traded in my MotoX 2013 which was also supposed to be close to "perfect" and the G4 blows that away although I do miss the notifications on the blank screen. I am getting used to double-tapping and being able to see notifications on the lock screen though. I really like this phone. I've had too many phones over the years to use the word "love" because phones always get worse with time and then I feel like an *****.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
It is a drag that there are issues with it, but I have never seen any smartphone release that hasn't had issues on all platforms.

Posted with my awesome LG g4

But that many? I understand every phone has growing pains, but the G4 seems to have more than average.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Get yourself these 2 items:

Anker® 20W 2 Port USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug and Poweriq Technology | eBay

Anker® 3 Premium 1ft High Speed USB 2 0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables | eBay

One of the best chargers and cables money can buy. I can do intensive work on my Nexus 6 while charging, and it charges fairly quickly. Can't beat it.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a total placebo effect but I turned off dual window and the battery percentage and my phone's touch response appears to be a lot better.. Wonder if anyone else tried this?

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I am sad to report I returned my g4. I tried to love it, verus verge case is amazing, but... I use my phone a lot during the day and I had it the g4 on the charger 6 times a day. Some clash of clans emails some music Web browsing phone calls and my note 4 would last all day with a little 30 min boost charge mid day.

So I'm back to my note 4 until I get the itch for something new. I wanted the g4 to be my new daily driver but just couldn't live with having to charge several times a day or carrying an extra battery.

Good luck with your issues, but depending on how you use your phone the g4 may just be a poor battery performer or I am a very aggressive phone user, either way I am sure my post will take heat, but at the end of the day as the OP sais why bother if I can't enjoy the phone.

Maybe android m will fix the battery issue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So I am sad to report I returned my g4. I tried to love it, verus verge case is amazing, but... I use my phone a lot during the day and I had it the g4 on the charger 6 times a day. Some clash of clans emails some music Web browsing phone calls and my note 4 would last all day with a little 30 min boost charge mid day.

So I'm back to my note 4 until I get the itch for something new. I wanted the g4 to be my new daily driver but just couldn't live with having to charge several times a day or carrying an extra battery.

Good luck with your issues, but depending on how you use your phone the g4 may just be a poor battery performer or I am a very aggressive phone user, either way I am sure my post will take heat, but at the end of the day as the OP sais why bother if I can't enjoy the phone.

Maybe android m will fix the battery issue.

Couldn't you have done the external battery charger and extra battery promo they give you? You'd never really have to worry about keeping your phone plugged In constantly.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've never had to carry an extra battery with any other phone I have had, something about it that just bothers me.

Taking the case off peeling the back off....yea I know 1st world problems.

Even with an extra I get up at 630 phone off charger and by 930 10ish I was down to 45%.

It sounds lame but ny buddies who live all over the country and I use clash of clans as a chat room...yea I know lame, but my note 4 could handle that along with every else I mentioned before without mortally wounding the battery. The g4 couldn't.

Now don't get me wrong the g4 was a beautiful device, as stated before the verus verge case is the nicest complimenting phone case I have ever used, but if you have to peel it off regularly to get to the back to put a new battery in...not for me.

Maybe I am being unfair in comparing this to the note 4, but it has set the bar for me.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Like I said I wanted to g4 to be my new DD, and I hope an update will fix the battery life issue....something because if that day comes I may be an lg g4 owner again.....

However I hope the s6 active comes to verizon rumors on that confirmed by att today.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
A lot less complaint threads in this forum the last week or so than most other phone forms when a new one starts hitting customers hands.

supadupa111

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
This is probably a total placebo effect but I turned off dual window and the battery percentage and my phone's touch response appears to be a lot better.. Wonder if anyone else tried this?

I might be crazy too but I noticed the touch response and recent apps are better... can't tell with battery yet

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
But that many? I understand every phone has growing pains, but the G4 seems to have more than average.

There really isn't that many and a lot of these issues can be taken care of if you are willing to try. If you actually have a bad phone or bad battery... then switch it out or take it back for a replacement... But I have seen a lot of people who seem to want to complain about things too around here... Google having all of their services syncing all the time is a battery killer... not to mention everything else a person may have.

It pays to dive into the settings and actually see what is going on instead of just complaining about how crappy the phone is.

Nipun Hazra

May 17, 2015
Visit site
There really isn't that many and a lot of these issues can be taken care of if you are willing to try. If you actually have a bad phone or bad battery... then switch it out or take it back for a replacement... But I have seen a lot of people who seem to want to complain about things too around here... Google having all of their services syncing all the time is a battery killer... not to mention everything else a person may have.

It pays to dive into the settings and actually see what is going on instead of just complaining about how crappy the phone is.

Don't know if u have gone thru my full post, I have SUMMARIZED all the issues people are having, not necessarily one person having all the problem as well tried to give a few tips to help out the condition in my observations. I am damn sure people are also trying to solve it but when they fail, they get frustrated. As I told, many of them are shifted from different OEMs. So they r thinking whether their investment have gone in vain. It's very normal for people. Plus u agree or not, the way ALMOST ALL the reviewers praised about G4, it's quite not like that. Maybe because LG provided the best crop of devices to the reviewers. Or maybe it was just a little bit exaggeration on LG's side about how long lasting this phone is. Every manufacture claim their phone the best. G4 indeed one of the best devices this year. Like u, everyone including me wants to love his G4 and seeing the reviews they just thought this phone is fault-proof but it's not. I wish LG could boldly claim this openly in medias that G4 cannot have those issues people are complaining about so that people would know that, no, the device he is having is a faulty one & he should change it. Noone now is sure whether the issue he is having is really a hardware issue or he just not being able to solve it or it's just a software issue which will be solved in later updates. You see HTC mentioned in the very beginning of M9 launch that they would provide updates which would improve the camera performances, SAMSUNG also told they would bring an update for manual control in S6... Anyway sorry for writing such long, but thanks for yr tips about unsyncing a few services of Google which are not necessary but you should not really think that people just want to complain rather than trying. :) peace.

Nipun Hazra

May 17, 2015
Visit site
So last night I was roaming around in youtube & xda about G3 as I am new in LG league & I found that people also had this lag issue, smoothness issue as well as battery drain issue with G3 & surprising all of these improved heavily after using custom ROMs.. So I think that G4 will kill it when Roms like ChupaChups, Cloudy will be available for it & we will be able to flash them :) Till then, peace.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if u have gone thru my full post, I have SUMMARIZED all the issues people are having, not necessarily one person having all the problem as well tried to give a few tips to help out the condition in my observations. I am damn sure people are also trying to solve it but when they fail, they get frustrated. As I told, many of them are shifted from different OEMs. So they r thinking whether their investment have gone in vain. It's very normal for people. Plus u agree or not, the way ALMOST ALL the reviewers praised about G4, it's quite not like that. Maybe because LG provided the best crop of devices to the reviewers. Or maybe it was just a little bit exaggeration on LG's side about how long lasting this phone is. Every manufacture claim their phone the best. G4 indeed one of the best devices this year. Like u, everyone including me wants to love his G4 and seeing the reviews they just thought this phone is fault-proof but it's not. I wish LG could boldly claim this openly in medias that G4 cannot have those issues people are complaining about so that people would know that, no, the device he is having is a faulty one & he should change it. Noone now is sure whether the issue he is having is really a hardware issue or he just not being able to solve it or it's just a software issue which will be solved in later updates. You see HTC mentioned in the very beginning of M9 launch that they would provide updates which would improve the camera performances, SAMSUNG also told they would bring an update for manual control in S6... Anyway sorry for writing such long, but thanks for yr tips about unsyncing a few services of Google which are not necessary but you should not really think that people just want to complain rather than trying. :) peace.

First I was responding to Ed.. Not you.

Secondly.. There really isn't that many complaining in the scheme of things.

Third.. I've seen some folks just complain and not show what they have done to try to correct their issues... So please excuse me if I have a opinion on this.