Summary of the troubles people are having with the new G4

Nipun Hazra

May 17, 2015
Visit site
First I was responding to Ed.. Not you.

Secondly.. There really isn't that many complaining in the scheme of things.

Third.. I've seen some folks just complain and not show what they have done to try to correct their issues... So please excuse me if I have a opinion on this.

Posted with my awesome LG g4

First, I think you should control your temperament.

Second, find some spare time and search and you will find there really are a good number of people.

Third, you are excused as you requested. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
First, I think you should control your temperament.

Second, find some spare time and search and you will find there really are a good number of people.

Third, you are excused as you requested. :)

My temperament is fine, but don't wear your feelings on your shirtsleeves... I am not meaning any disrespect.

As I said in the larger sense of all of the phones in usage there really isn't as many people complaining about this. Yes... People are having issues... but... Many people's issues were corrected with the updates or are diminished greatly. I've seen more problems than what has been reported on other flagship phones over my years of experience than what has been reported on the g4 over and LG is pushing updates through the carriers here in the US. I realize that people are having issues.. But as I said I firmly believe many can be corrected by the owners of the phone... some assuredly won't, but there is no reason to sensationalize this.

Look at a lot of the post complaining about this you say... I have.... and I know it varies by the model and carrier. Again the biggest group that are complaining is about battery life... and while the early reviews were mostly glowing at least here in the States that the carriers have done some things wrong just as Google has.

Once you have thousands of people posting complaints about the poor reception or GPS or screens not rotating or all the rest... Then you know that there is a serious problem with the phone... This has happened on other flagship phones.

Posted with my awesome LG g4

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I concur. I have had the G2, still have the G3, and now trying the G4. One of the annoying things for me is if I am in an app (doesn't necessarily have to be a certain one) and I press the home button, the home page is blank for a few seconds before my apps reappear. I had my alarm go off in the morning and I couldn't turn it off, not matter what I pressed... Back buttons or screen. Today I opened up my messages and the screen was just black, but it still showed the buttons. For me, I love the screen brightness and I can see it so much better in my polarized sunglasses than the G3. The camera is so much better in low light. I am often in low light at my kid's dance competition and the G3 SUCKS at that. In the end, I just don't know if it is worth the purchase of another device.

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Taking this junk back today. Has to be a lemon device. I'll try a new G4 as long as I get another 15 day trial. Last two phones were Galaxy 4 and 5. I would have done the 6 but I want the sd card. So I honestly want this to work out since there are no good alternatives.

Each day these issues get worse. The lag isn't occasional, it's between each press of a letter in a text message. The battery is 62% at 8:30am today, after waking up at 6:15am, getting ready and driving to work with hardly any use on my part. The phone is warm to hot most of the time.

I had to send screen shots to my friend who thought I was being rude last night. An hour lag between them sending a message and me receiving. They were chatting with others at the same time with no delays.

Really hoping a new G4 will solve these problems. *sigh*

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Taking this junk back today. Has to be a lemon device. I'll try a new G4 as long as I get another 15 day trial. Last two phones were Galaxy 4 and 5. I would have done the 6 but I want the sd card. So I honestly want this to work out since there are no good alternatives.

Each day these issues get worse. The lag isn't occasional, it's between each press of a letter in a text message. The battery is 62% at 8:30am today, after waking up at 6:15am, getting ready and driving to work with hardly any use on my part. The phone is warm to hot most of the time.

I had to send screen shots to my friend who thought I was being rude last night. An hour lag between them sending a message and me receiving. They were chatting with others at the same time with no delays.

Really hoping a new G4 will solve these problems. *sigh*

Yikes! I'd be pissed too! Let us know how the second G4 works out. If all were like that, no one in this entire forum would be happy. Mine does none of that.

Granted, for the keyboard as soon as I got the phone I installed SwiftKey since I use it on every phone. I wonder if that'd help your key lag?

My standby battery life has downright amazed me coming from my Nexus 5. I've seriously purposely NOT plugged in at night to see what happens about 3 times now, and each time I've lost about 2-3% in the morning. Crazy experience for me.

-Posted via the Android Central App on my LG G4-

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Granted, for the keyboard as soon as I got the phone I installed SwiftKey since I use it on every phone. I wonder if that'd help your key lag?

Well this lag wasn't normal lag. Literally 20 second delay between letters. This is when the device was hot, so I'm guessing there were all kinds of issues going on.

Anyway, I already went to Verizon and got a new G4. We'll see how this one goes.