supersu installed but no root

malsib

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
hi I have a problem that needs a fix. I got a Samsung galaxy s4 model number SGH-1337M its a rogers phone with build number JDQ39.1337MVLUAMG6.DM. The problem is I used cf auto root to root my phone. But odin version 3.07 failed thus putting my phone into a soft brick mode. So after some search online I found out that I can flash same file with odin version 1.85 and thus bringing my phone back to life. After my phone came back to life I saw supersu installed in my phone however my phone showed its not rooted. I have tried several methods to get the root .All methods have failed. Now I don't know what to do.

gargavf

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what odin is about.. I have a Nexus 4. But I have supersu.

Try going to google apps download terminal emulator, and run the command 'su'. If that doesn't work then maybe try reinstalling supersu.. perhaps from the app store. Or I think I did it from getting the supersu zip file and going into CWM (bootloader and the CWM recovery), and choosing install from zip, and installing it like that. I am not sure if doing that wipes anything on the phone. But it should install supersu.

I'm no expert

malsib

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am familiar with nexus devices. These are the easiest devices to root. However samsung galaxy S series are bit different. It requirs Odin, Odin is a software that is used to upgrade stock roms and it is also used for flashing custom roms. CF AUTO ROOT also requirs odin to root the device. But you are right about one thing before posting the question i did flash the supersu file through cwm. It did not work with the first try but it did eventually worked with the second try. And now im rooted. Thanks anyway.