Supposed LG V40 Spec Sheet

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of an increase in battery capacity, especially since it's going to power a larger screen. Who would ever complain about getting a bigger battery? 😣

Aside from that, the audio improvements look to be exciting. DTS X surround sound adds that extra oomph to the awesome quad DAC, and the stereo boombox speaker from the G7 is a good addition.
https://www.androidpit.com/exclusive-lg-v40-techincal-specs

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Booooo!

Cameras: As much as I love photography, I think they are going overboard with 5 cameras. I do like the idea of the 12MP 1.4µm pixel size shooter for better ISO performance, but I question the necessity of the other 2 on the back. Plus they claim one is telephoto and another is a 2X zoom. That's pretty much the same thing, so perhaps a misprint? I don't use front facing cameras, so I couldn't care less about them.

Stereo "Boombox" speakers: Stereo = great! If you're going to use terms like "boombox," it better have a solid bass response. Knowing the size limitations of a paper thin phone (another downside; give me something with some thickness to it), I doubt that'll happen and would say it's just a marketing gimmick.

Battery: Sealed. 'Nuff said.

Body: I'm willing to bet it'll be glass covered, so no thanks.

Screen: OLED (different than AMOLED?). Sorry, but I don't want burn in.

Screen ratio: Bleh.

Notch: No thank you.

I'm also assuming no second screen or IR blaster, so more reduced functionality.

If this pans out to be all, or even mostly true, I'd still consider it a downgrade from the V20. Sure, it'll have more processing power, but it's still a lesser phone when you consider the entire package. Just not enough there to excite me.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Booooo!

Cameras: As much as I love photography, I think they are going overboard with 5 cameras. I do like the idea of the 12MP 1.4µm pixel size shooter for better ISO performance, but I question the necessity of the other 2 on the back. Plus they claim one is telephoto and another is a 2X zoom. That's pretty much the same thing, so perhaps a misprint? I don't use front facing cameras, so I couldn't care less about them.

Stereo "Boombox" speakers: Stereo = great! If you're going to use terms like "boombox," it better have a solid bass response. Knowing the size limitations of a paper thin phone (another downside; give me something with some thickness to it), I doubt that'll happen and would say it's just a marketing gimmick.

Battery: Sealed. 'Nuff said.

Body: I'm willing to bet it'll be glass covered, so no thanks.

Screen: OLED (different than AMOLED?). Sorry, but I don't want burn in.

Screen ratio: Bleh.

Notch: No thank you.

I'm also assuming no second screen or IR blaster, so more reduced functionality.

If this pans out to be all, or even mostly true, I'd still consider it a downgrade from the V20. Sure, it'll have more processing power, but it's still a lesser phone when you consider the entire package. Just not enough there to excite me.
Nope . Telephoto and wide angle. You get so much more flexibility in one device without the need of attachments and accessories. I'm all for that and finally using a new sensor with bigger pixel size for the main camera. This is going to be a photography powerhouse with a much better UI than the P20 Pro in the camera department.

I get your gripes about some of the other missing things but you learn to move on. I only used replaceable battery for extended use aways from the charger. The V20 pretty much served me well for every day use. Funny enough, I'm back on the original V10 and battery anxiety is a part of my life again(and instantly) until my spare batteries come in.lol So I can do without the removable battery. I've learned to keep up with my remotes so that's not such a big deal. In fact as you know I downgraded to a budget phone(more about that later) and I've survived.

The notch is tastefully done so I'll allow it. But I just can't pass up on the new flexibility and horsepower the V40 is going to bring along with the addition of a better front facing camera and stereo speakers plus the already great Boombox sound? Too good to pass up to me.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nope . Telephoto and wide angle.
The article said it would have a telephoto, a wide angle, and a 2X zoom. So was the telephoto claim a misprint that should've referenced a regular camera instead? Or do they mean it'll literally have two telephoto lenses, a wide angle, and no regular camera?
...and stereo speakers plus the already great Boombox sound?
I haven't heard LG's version of this, but I did have an HTC One M8. It had front facing stereo speakers with "Boom Sound." The stereo was cool, but there wasn't anything remotely booming about it. The sound was quiet and the LG G4 I replaced it with actually had better sound quality. So color me skeptical when a company advertises a stock cellphone speaker system with any terms that relate to its volume or bass response.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The article said it would have a telephoto, a wide angle, and a 2X zoom. So was the telephoto claim a misprint that should've referenced a regular camera instead? Or do they mean it'll literally have two telephoto lenses, a wide angle, and no regular camera?

I haven't heard LG's version of this, but I did have an HTC One M8. It had front facing stereo speakers with "Boom Sound." The stereo was cool, but there wasn't anything remotely booming about it. The sound was quiet and the LG G4 I replaced it with actually had better sound quality. So color me skeptical when a company advertises a stock cellphone speaker system with any terms that relate to its volume or bass response.
Yeah it's a misprint. One standard, wide and telephoto/zoom lens. And as far as Boombox speakers, just go to your local carrier store and listen to the speakers on the G7. They are the real deal but only bottom facing. The V40 is supposed to improve on that by offering a stereo experience.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I haven't heard LG's version of this, but I did have an HTC One M8. It had front facing stereo speakers with "Boom Sound." The stereo was cool, but there wasn't anything remotely booming about it. The sound was quiet and the LG G4 I replaced it with actually had better sound quality.

I miss my G4. I suffered (as many did) the boot loop issues that device was plagued with. I almost wanna take a flyer on one just to have and maybe use on a whim. I still have a black leather back in a drawer somewhere. I loved that phone.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely looking forward to it. My brother was just about to pull the trigger on the Note9, but after seeing what the V40 will has he's going to wait.

the battery doesn't scare me, I'm good with the V30's battery and think it will be fine in the V40.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I think some folks are forgetting that it's Fall 2018. What LG is announcing in the V40 will compete with other flagships, not the V20..... I'll agree that we all would like many of the older features.
But my V30 is great and I'm still going to take a serious look at the V40! More storage and ram are important along with the 3 back cameras, to me.

Lateck,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174