SWEET JESUS!!! Update your Revue to Honeycomb 3.1 NOW!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Tapatalk works
EZPDFreader works
Google+ works
3d Gallery works this version does not have the gallery installed
My Cast weather works

I have been extracting apks with root explorer on my X
transfering to my computer
Starting an email and saving as a draft
Going to GMAIL ON THE Revue and downloading from there
Then I go to the notification tab on the home screen and intalling from there

This is truely the android experiance on the TV the way they invisioned it

Sent from My Honeycomb Revue using Tapatalk

Save some steps. Take the apk from your phone. Send from your gmail on phone to your gmail. Then open gmail on revue. No need for computer.

sent by CyanogenMod X

ThunderFan

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Do we know if HBO Go will work on GTV since it is a supported by Android? Looks like they were working on a collaboration but not sure if it actually got done or not.

Also, does anyone have a working APK for the NBA League Pass App on GTV or know if the new honeycomb addition will help make it more funcitonal? I am guessing we don't know yet but if someone wants to try it I would be thankful :)

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Tapatalk works awsome on the revue!
aefec39f-3de1-aecb.jpg

Sent from my Honeycomb Revue

Last edited:

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
so I haven't read much about GoogleTV but I currently have a WDTV Live. Does anyone know if I'd lose any functionality if I was to switch over? Most importantly I want to be able to access all my movies/videos that are shared on my desktop and stream them to the box. Most of the movies are MKVs (x264) and some are DVD ISOs and AVIs (divx/xvid). I also want to make sure my collection of movies will show up as thumbnail images. My collection is organized with the directory as the movie name and the files inside are the movie file and thumbnail image both named the same.

Please let me know! I'm really curious to try it!

txyaloo

May 29, 2011
Visit site
No thumbnails on the stock media player. It doesn't play audio on any files encoded with DTS. It doesn't see many MKVs, and it doesn't see any ISOs.

Doesn't sound like GTV is for you.

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Any luck or breakthroughs with netflix? Can you run log cat with with a couple apps that wont load or force close and see if there is any similarities?

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
No thumbnails on the stock media player. It doesn't play audio on any files encoded with DTS. It doesn't see many MKVs, and it doesn't see any ISOs.

Doesn't sound like GTV is for you.

Thanks for the info! Sorry to hear its not really what I'm looking for, but at least I have my Evo for now :p

jezzerus

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to update several times have changed USB key formatted it clean and re downloaded the zip but every time I get signature verification whole file failed oh and I have checked to make sure the zip extension is OK too, any thoughts?

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Windows 7 and Vista both hide the 3 letter extension by default. If you never changed that setting you are essentially naming your file update.zip.zip but windows is hiding the second .zip. If you rename it to just "update" no dots or anything and it still looks like a zip file then you're fine.

ya that worked... just named file "update" with no zip

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I want to install honeycomb on my revue but I've heard there is no way to downgrade back to the original original so I can update to the real honeycomb when it comes out, is there a way? Or will there be??

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I want to install honeycomb on my revue but I've heard there is no way to downgrade back to the original original so I can update to the real honeycomb when it comes out, is there a way? Or will there be??

No one knows, since the official file isn't out yet to test to see if you can update to the newest build. The safe bet is to wait, however some people like to live dangerously.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
gettling flustered over here.... installed leaked honeycomb which worked fine. now all the sudden when i click on the "all apps" icon on my home launcher, i get a force close message everytime. so i no longer have access to the apps in my launcher other than the five apps that i put on my default app try when pushing the home button. ive tried moving the needed app to the tray but it force closes. so i essentially only have 6 apps to use on my severely downgraded revue: live tv, youtuve, chrome, market, settings, tv and movies. it all worked before.... anyone have similar issues? im about to try and reload the honeycomb zip file

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
gettling flustered over here.... installed leaked honeycomb which worked fine. now all the sudden when i click on the "all apps" icon on my home launcher, i get a force close message everytime. so i no longer have access to the apps in my launcher other than the five apps that i put on my default app try when pushing the home button. ive tried moving the needed app to the tray but it force closes. so i essentially only have 6 apps to use on my severely downgraded revue: live tv, youtuve, chrome, market, settings, tv and movies. it all worked before.... anyone have similar issues? im about to try and reload the honeycomb zip file

I would just run the zip again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm really tempted to get one of these, but the network share streaming is one the main hold up. I'm considering a Boxee, but I don't want to pay $200+.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe