Swiftkey X free today from Amazon

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Figures, Amazon is finally giving away an app I would actually use and I've already bought it from the market. This is my keyboard of choice, so go grab it for free wail you can. It's great.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded it from Amazon and it seems great so far.

Just wait until the app learns your text input. It will make typing on the keyboard much more efficient :)

I've been using the app before the "X" update and its been nothing but improvements. We just need more themes to go along with the ones already released, which are great.

Last edited:

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was glad to see this in the app store this morning. I was tired of getting the pop up asking me to purchase the beta

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I installed it, then it was listed in my updates, so I updated it. Now it is listed in my updates again.
Is there a problem with Amazon, or does it actually have several updates that need to be run in sequence?

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and installed the app but I can't download the language pack. I've got an Incredible running CM7 (RC3 I think). Any ideas?

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Id guess they are getting swamped as well. I've had this before it became free so I didn't have to try with amazon.

There's nothing like being able to hit space 5 or 6 times and it will fill in the sentence properly for you. I couldn't get used to swype, but that concept is great. FlexT9 has both a bit of Swype and swiftkey built into it for those who can't quite find the perfect one. But for me, it's Swiftkey All the way.

ETW11

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I've played around with this for a while and I like it, but is there no way to use Vlingo with this? The default speech-to-text on Android is beyond awful, so if I must rely on that, I will be uninstalling immediately.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone else wondering why we have to "buy" this keyboard a second time? I purchased the first Swiftkey. Now they want me to buy Swiftkey X too, rather than giving me the update? That seems lame. Apparently the previous version of Swiftkey has been discontinued/replaced with the "X" version. Seems like a sly way of getting us to re-purchase what we had already owned???

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone else wondering why we have to "buy" this keyboard a second time? I purchased the first Swiftkey. Now they want me to buy Swiftkey X too, rather than giving me the update? That seems lame. Apparently the previous version of Swiftkey has been discontinued/replaced with the "X" version. Seems like a sly way of getting us to re-purchase what we had already owned???

That's odd. I bought the original Swiftkey from the Market, and got a free upgrade to Swiftkey X once it was out of beta. I would have assumed they would have done the same thing in the Amazon App Store.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I got Swiftkey X as a free upgrade through the market... It might have been a promotion that lasted a few days because I know the price was also reduced. Send the developer an email and see if they will honor your prior purchase of Swiftkey and give you the update :)

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just went to the Swiftkey website and they do indeed say that "X" is a free upgrade for current owners. I will need to check into this a little more. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci