switching keyboards

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway switch keyboards without going through settings if you are in the middle of a message and you want to insert a symbol? and not the standard ones

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Something I just learned re: the keyboard...I'm not a big texter. In the standard mode, lower case letters, there are symbols above each letter that appear to the the "capital" or shift-letter. But what that represents is that if you switch keyboards, that little shift-letter will be what's on the key when you switch. It was a pain to switch back and forth. I found out from a co-worker, that a long-press on the lower case letter gets the shift-letter. There is a second keyboard for symbols, those that aren't used as often, maybe an emoticon or two...I don't know of any other way to get to those beyond the "hard" way. So, maybe the long-press will help with your situation.

Kurt

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Best thing to do is to go get the Swiftkey X keyboard and call it a day. It's the best keyboard on the planet. I use the regular version on my Vivid and and the tablet version on my Transformer Prime. Inserting special sybols is as easy as a long press ona key, and the extra keysets you might want are easily available from the main board.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karl.stubbs