Sync Bookmarks?

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have my Google accounts set to sync, and my PC and my Mac both run Crome and sync bookmarks to each other fine, but the TF does not seem to get any of the bookmarks. Should it?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It would make sense but unfortunately no. Androids browser ia not chrome and does not sync. This is why I still use a homepage like 43marks.com - i have all my most used sites there and it is completely platform agnostic. Mac PC android ios - if its got a browser ot works

vfrjim

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just told chrome to sync tonight and then I went on my TF and had it sync bookmarks and it seemed to have sync all of them. Have not checked them all but seem to be there. This is running 3.1 and Chrome 11.0.696.68

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It would make sense but unfortunately no. Androids browser ia not chrome and does not sync. This is why I still use a homepage like 43marks.com - i have all my most used sites there and it is completely platform agnostic. Mac PC android ios - if its got a browser ot works

This is an incorrect statement. Chrome on desktop will most certainly sync bookmarks to your android device (honeycomb only at this point I believe).

I have been adding bookmarks on the TF and on PC and both will show up on either device (this was working fine pre-3.1 too). I am syncing between a TF and three other laptops without issue. The way i truly know it's working is to change the theme (that change should flow to all other desktop versions)

double check to make sure the sync settings are correct.

on desktop: options>personal stuff. set up your gmail account and then select customize to make sure you are syncing what you want (on the customize window there is an encryption option, i set that too "use google password", which is default)

you may have to either restart the browser or force it to sync by selecting stop syncing and re-setting up

I will check the correct TF settings when I get home.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Odd. I just checked and now my bookmarks are there. They were not earlier. All I did was turn off sync and turn it back on (on the TF). Maybe was stuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry