Syncing Media

SterlingSpring

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Alrighty I have a stock 4.2.2 Verizon Galaxy Nexus and I'm running a Mac (Sorry don't have access to a PC) and getting my iTunes music is proving difficult. It won't recognize on my Mac...and I don't know any place to get drivers...DoubleTwist doesn't seem to pick it up on USB (or at all), that AirSync thing won't work because my wifi network doesn't allow network sharing...(Can't change that sorry...and I don't have access to a PC...sorry...) Samsung Kies won't work (won't pick up the device)....Anything else I can do to fix this issue?????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered uploading all of your music to Google Music in the cloud? Then you can simply stream your entire music collection on your phone. The downside is that any additions or changes to the music on your Mac won't be sync'ed to your phone. You can always upload any new music to Google Music any time, and you can manually delete music from the cloud, but it won't sync.

SterlingSpring

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Because I want physical media on my device...I don't want to be restricted to streaming my music from the cloud....especially when I have enough things already draining my data package already..

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What do you have your USB storage set to? That may be why Doubletwist isn't picking it up. Did the music transfer to Doubletwist? With the problem now being it can't transfer to the GN? You have USB set to Media? Settings/Storage/Top right menu button/USB connection/check MTP.

Let us know if you have two separate issues. Music transfer to Doubletwist and transfer from Doubletwist to phone . For drivers.... Android file transfer Android.com I use this for most of my Mac to Android transfers.

SterlingSpring

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It won't pick up the phone period in any software now...I used AFT at first...but didnt know where to put anything so I got Samsung Kies...when I did that...AFT wouldnt work anymore. I unistalled them both and got frustrated...