System UI has stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bickford

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
New member here so apologies for any rule violations of this forum.
=========================
For the last week when I pressed and held the Home Button to see what apps were running on my Galaxy S III Mini it displayed error message, "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". I tried updating the phone software and all apps but the problem remained. I performed a reset to factory settings (and lost memos and contacts stored on the phone) but the problem remained.

On Saturday, 1/28/2017, I chatted with Pooja P. on the Samsung Customer Support chat line but he/she could not fix the problem so opened a repair ticket for me and referred me to the Samsung Voice help line, 888-987-4357. The tech I reached on the phone this morning knew exactly what the problem was (a recent update to Google App is incompatible with the phone), said it affected many Android phones besides mine, and talked me through step-by-step uninstalling updates to the Google App. The problem immediately went away.

PROCESS (for my phone):
Go to Settings; Application Manager; scroll right to "All"; Scroll down to "Google App"; press "Uninstall Updates".
Your problem should be fixed.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
New member here so apologies for any rule violations of this forum.
=========================
For the last week when I pressed and held the Home Button to see what apps were running on my Galaxy S III Mini it displayed error message, "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". I tried updating the phone software and all apps but the problem remained. I performed a reset to factory settings (and lost memos and contacts stored on the phone) but the problem remained.

On Saturday, 1/28/2017, I chatted with Pooja P. on the Samsung Customer Support chat line but he/she could not fix the problem so opened a repair ticket for me and referred me to the Samsung Voice help line, 888-987-4357. The tech I reached on the phone this morning knew exactly what the problem was (a recent update to Google App is incompatible with the phone), said it affected many Android phones besides mine, and talked me through step-by-step uninstalling updates to the Google App. The problem immediately went away.

PROCESS (for my phone):
Go to Settings; Application Manager; scroll right to "All"; Scroll down to "Google App"; press "Uninstall Updates".
Your problem should be fixed.

Welcome to Android Central and thank you for sharing that. It's exactly in the best spirit of the forums....sharing knowledge and helping others. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly