System update trashed my phone

majorslady

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I received a system update for my Sprint Android Optimus phone. Afterward it trashed my phone, cycling the LG screen and black till kingdom come. The Sprint store could not fix it, so they gave me a new phone. Now my new phone wants to update the system (with Gingerbread), I'm afraid to... was the previous experience an aberration or is anyone else experiencing problems?
:'(

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the HTC Inspire 4G forum is filling with stories of the mess made by the gingerbread update---so much so that I have been afraid to accept the update. :(

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd be curious to know the percentage of people that are having problems with Gingerbread updates. Of course you only hear the problems here. I for one have had only the messaging problem since the update, which I avoid by using Handcent. My battery life has increased greatly.

I wonder if part of the problem is people messing with their phones before the update is complete. I know mine took around 45 minutes to complete, and I didn't touch it at all while it was doing it.

TheOldGuy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The update turned my phone into a POS. Constantly unmounts the SD card, restarts all the time, sucks memory like an alcoholic at a free kegger. Guess were at the mercy of LG to come out with the patches.