T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Is the signal indicator merely showing a higher signal, or is the raw signal strength in decibels higher? Bars are one thing, but real signal strength is another.

Higher raw signal strength and faster up and down stream speeds

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Higher raw signal strength and faster up and down stream speeds

That's weird. I saw that it was supposed to improve the actual signal strength, but my mom's S4 only gets -96dbm, while I get -81dbm. Both the same exact model, same location. Don't see why there would be such a big difference there

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. I saw that it was supposed to improve the actual signal strength, but my mom's S4 only gets -96dbm, while I get -81dbm. Both the same exact model, same location. Don't see why there would be such a big difference there

If her phone works I guess what difference does it make?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 : Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

Did you try flashing stock firmware to get rid of the custom status? Or TriangleAway?

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Is it always like that? I'd flick airplane mode on then off to make sure they're both on the same tower.

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

I noticed the same thing. Before I started the update, I had 2 bars from my home. Now I have 4. I wonder what's real?
I noticed I'm getting a better signal whereas before I was not

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
All I did was go into Play and search for one of the apps that had disappeared in order to reinstall it. It showed up as installed, so I backed out and went into the area where all apps are displayed (as opposed to my pages) and there they were. All I had to do at that point was drag them back. YMMV. :)

Some of the apps are missing after the update. Any ideas how to get them back without downloading them again?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Some of the apps are missing after the update. Any ideas how to get them back without downloading them again?

Reboot the phone. I know a few people who did that, and for whatever reason the apps were back

Sent via Tapatalk

Alessar

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The alarm clock is auto snoozing/shutting off if you have a folio cover closed. Similarly reported in Sprint thread (http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-sounding-sprint-gs4-after-kitkat-update.html). Note: Disabling Palm Motion - Mute/Pause or even disabling all Palm Motion does NOT fix this.

Also, I was also missing app icons after update but a reboot brought the remainder back along with another batch of "optimizing apps" message.

I also thought the new camera icon shortcut on the lock screen was non-functional, but it just requires an upward swipe.

I don't like the new music controls on the lock screen. Previously you could drag down from the player to show the entire playlist you were currently on and pick an out-of-sequence song. Now it seems the only option is to click forward or back repeatedly.

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had the update for a whole day now. And I feel like the battery life is so much better. I'm not sure though. We'll see in a week. I Don't like jumping to conclusions just yet.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Oz Romero

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Its your turn folks, the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 is receiving its KitKat 4.4.2 update. Some key update points below..

• KitKat (build M919UVUFNB4)
  • Improved stability
  • New camera shortcut on the lock screen
  • Improved on-screen keyboard

Source: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat today! | Android Central

Feel free to discuss how much you like or dislike the update and list any bugs or problems.

Enjoy!
Hey I just updated my note 3 to the kitkat software and I noticed I can't download stuff anymore from my pirate bay app? Can anyone help me out with this plz

Mark Stave

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Any issues with the sd card?

Sure were problems with my card. I just signed up with T-Mobile with the Note 3 last Friday. Everything worked perfectly, after setting all the settings to my liking (SO MANY SETTINGS!!!), I used Kies to download and install the update to Kitkat. that went well and easily, except that none of my third party apps could write to the SDcard, couldn't control the files through any of my file manager (ES, Astro tried a few), couldn't install A2D pro, couldn't transfer files from internal card to SD etc. Researched the issue, found the fix that required root, confirmed from Google that the situation was intentional. I am an attorney who represents abused/neglected children in foster care, I can't keep my files on the cloud, I must be able to use my SD card so that files are kept confidential, and available even when I haven't a signal, or if the phone bricks. Marched down to the T-Mobile store and exchanged for a new Note 3, which I am not updating. REALLY don't care if I don't have the new notification colors, but am also REALLY irritated that I was not made aware of the changing usability, and that neither Google nor Samsung had any intention of advising me, as a customer, of that change.

Alessar

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
You can disable apps but you can't hide them. For instance I have a paid media server app and it has the base and then the paid upgrade version and now I can't hide the base version (which has the app's core functions apparently).

Guys could someone with a flip cover test and see if the alarm auto-snoozes with it shut? I'm going thru tech support with Samsung via twitter and they're making "it's your phone not the OS implementation" noises at me. Somebody over in the Sprint GS4 forums had the same bug so my initial thought is that it's not just me.

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue. Appears that it is attempting to upload my photos to Picasa Web album and I do not want to.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred