T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Finally connected a 4.2.2 GS4 to Kies:
XpAH0uX.png

Really tempted to just go for it, but still afraid that something will go wrong. To reiterate, the phone was simply rooted with CF-Auto-Root and unrooted with SuperSU.

Imberi

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 : Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

It's called NFC. It allows your photos, etc., to transfer to another NFC capable device when you touch them together. You can disable it in your settings if you'd like.

Imberi

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't care for the icons being all white. For instance I like an almost fully charged battery to show a green icon, a low orange and eventually red. Other things too, but this is a start.

Jose M Ramos

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded to KK 4.42 from T-Mobile and am finding that the phone app
is no different than that on Jelly Bean. All the forums I've read were describing
changes to the phone app. Has anyone seen these changes on the S4 upgrade?

Also, has anyone experienced phone lockup when hanging up a call (it has happened
to me twice since the upgrade)?

Mike Moreno2

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
THIS UPGRADE WAS A FING JOKE , MY PHONE GALAXY S4 IS A PAPER WEIGHT NOW !!
how in the hell someone let this slip through is beyond me , the only thing i can think of is that everyone got their beak wet on this there is no explanation on why a multi billion dollar company would do this to their customers , yes t mobile and samsung I'm saying this to YOU !!!
you had to have test ran this and seen the problems , how could you not or maybe a 60 to 40 split was good enough for you well sir tell ya what its not for me , i have called tmobile and told them of my issue , do they care hell no , if my phone isn't fixed or i don't get a new one I'm gonna take my money else where . enjoy your golf day .

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
THIS UPGRADE WAS A FING JOKE , MY PHONE GALAXY S4 IS A PAPER WEIGHT NOW !!
how in the hell someone let this slip through is beyond me , the only thing i can think of is that everyone got their beak wet on this there is no explanation on why a multi billion dollar company would do this to their customers , yes t mobile and samsung I'm saying this to YOU !!!
you had to have test ran this and seen the problems , how could you not or maybe a 60 to 40 split was good enough for you well sir tell ya what its not for me , i have called tmobile and told them of my issue , do they care hell no , if my phone isn't fixed or i don't get a new one I'm gonna take my money else where . enjoy your golf day .

I think we're all reading your comment wondering what you're even talking about.

wolfman7828

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
So has any of these problems been fixed yet? Haven't done the update yet but considering it so I can use the full mirroring option on Chromecast.

Posted via Android Central App

hailmarduk

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a link do I can download the 4.4.2 kitkat samsung flashed my galaxy s4 and now my wifi does not turn on and I can even download any type of update. Or should I wait for 4.4.4 and re download the file to fix my wifi?

Anthony Sandoval2

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
New update removed the name searching feature of typing a contacts name in text messaging but not in dialing. If someone knows what I can do maybe I'm missing something but its a small issue that bugs me.