T-Mobile Jump on Demand & S8/S8+

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an S8+, which at the time (July 2017) I also signed up for Jump on Demand. I was going to jump to the S9+ when I saw that TMobile was going to offer it for $0 down payment. Because I haven't been a T-Mobile customer for 3 years (will be in December 2018), I don't qualify, and have to still pay $120 down payment.

I have a good credit score and have never been late with payments, so it's kind of annoying me that they won't let me upgrade with the $0 down option.

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Jump on Demand & S8/S8+

I am, have only been with tmo for one year and paid a down payment. No big deal. I am on jump because I change phones about every 4 months and my wife was tired of a pile of phones building up so I recently sold about 8 phones and started on jump so when I get a new one I just trade in the old one. If you can't afford the down payment you probably can't afford the phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see the '0 down' for the plus? At least during pre-orders, even for JOD customers, there was a 120 dollar down payment for the plus for 'excellent credit' customers (I think they rate that too if you've had 12 consecutive bill payments on time).

This is new as they changed their terms a few months ago and only for phones that are above a certain level with devices becoming more and more expensive. The 120 bucks for the plus is actually the 'excellent credit' option for it.

Edit: Yup, just saw it. They did update the pricing for the plus after pre-order launched. :( That should still apply for 'excellent credit' customers, though.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately those are their requirements. One thing to realize though is if you do the $0 down then your device is a little more per month (I want to say it's about $5 more per month) vs. if you do make the down payment. If you do the $120 down payment and Jump again in 12 months you end up spending about an extra $60.

eduardmc

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
$0 down suppost to be only for well qualified customer AND 3 years or more with tmobile. The stores are not well aware and i actually told them to check cause i believe i dont have to pay downpayment (a day after release day) they argue with me until i told them to at least check my JOD and see. They found down that it was $0 down.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I didn't start seeing reports of the $0 down until a day or two later after pre-orders started, I remember the same thing happened with the Note7.

DeeEmTeeNB

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I just jumped to the S9+ today. I've been a T-mobile business customer for 14 years and still had to pay the $120 down. Rep says this is a new policy and depends on the price of the phone. S9 they can give you with 0 down. Depending on how long you've been with them, they can add the down/taxes to your bill.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just jumped to the S9+ today. I've been a T-mobile business customer for 14 years and still had to pay the $120 down. Rep says this is a new policy and depends on the price of the phone. S9 they can give you with 0 down. Depending on how long you've been with them, they can add the down/taxes to your bill.

Either you are not “well qualified” or the rep hasn’t been brought up to speed. “Well qualified” basically means 3+ years with T-Mobile and an excellent credit rating. I qualified even back with the iPhone X and when jumping to the 9 I was offered the 9+ for zero down as well but after using the X and an Essential Phone I opted to make the smaller Galaxy my choice. For now anyway lol, as I may jump to the S9+ next month. :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an S8+, which at the time (July 2017) I also signed up for Jump on Demand. I was going to jump to the S9+ when I saw that TMobile was going to offer it for $0 down payment. Because I haven't been a T-Mobile customer for 3 years (will be in December 2018), I don't qualify, and have to still pay $120 down payment.

I have a good credit score and have never been late with payments, so it's kind of annoying me that they won't let me upgrade with the $0 down option.

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Yup I was. It has actually caused me to move to Verizon and start buying unlocked phones or buying outright. The whole point of JOD was no down payments, and then they started pulling this garbage. 2 lines, been with them for over 2 and a half years, excellent credit, and they're treating me like a brand new customer with mediocre credit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien