Tab Pro 8.4 Not Connecting to 802.11ac

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way that I can verify that my Tab Pro is connecting to the 802.11ac side of my network in my house? I can't seem to even find a reading in the settings to show what its connected to. The only reason I know its not connected to the AC part of my network is because I can go to my wireless router settings and look at the wireless clients and see what they are all connected to. My Note 3 is connected to 802.11ac but my Pro is only connected to 802.11n.
Thanks for all the help!

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I ended up returning it. I had horrible wifi performance all around my house, while all my other gadgets had great signal. The Tab Pro would even drop the signal and then immediately connect to it again. It kind of sounds like it may have been defective but I didn't use it much anyways.
Thanks again for your help though.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I ended up returning it. I had horrible wifi performance all around my house, while all my other gadgets had great signal. The Tab Pro would even drop the signal and then immediately connect to it again. It kind of sounds like it may have been defective but I didn't use it much anyways.

That's not normal. It must of been defective.

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Mine did the same thing. Not only did it connect and reconnect all the time, but the speeds were sometimes unusable. Ended up being because I had a dual band router and was using the same SSID for both frequencies. Once I chose different SSIDs the reconnecting stopped and I haven't had any more issues with wifi. It is a problem with this device because none of my other devices had any problem with this configuration.

Out of curiosity, what tablet do you prefer over the 8.4? It is by far my favorite tablet I've ever owned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC