Target Note 7 Recall Thread

shikamikamoomoo

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a conundrum because I purchased my Note 7 in NJ but moved to MT just before the recall was announced.

I've called all over, to which many have said "not my problem " but luckily the manager of the phone section in target in NJ emailed me and stated he would ensure the exchange went smoothly at my nearest Target in MT.

Only problem is mt nearest Target hasn't gotten in the replacements...and they are saying that I lose my $200 trade in credit. I said that can't be correct because I'm sure there would be an uproar from consumers.

They said they would check but that they sell the trade in phones to a 3rd party company that assumes no responsibility...

Anyone else had this problem? NJ target manager hasn't responded.

Also I have a sick teething 2 year old, and to go my nearest Target is a FOUR HOUR trip ????????????

So I can't afford to go and be turned away, or have issues that can't be solved in store.

If Spokane is your nearest..... don't go yet. I have not been able to get ANY answers or support yet. I'm also being told, no idea when they will have them in. Have contacted Samsung and they can't help, Verizon can't help.... so what now??

shikamikamoomoo

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I was able to get one of our 2 needed replacements.... Our Target only rec'd one and the rep told us that he is hoping once they see that one sold they will ship another w/in 5 days......but he could not confirm. Seems the primary problem is the Target Mobile employees are 3rd company, but all the stock comes from Target and the Mobile portion has no way to confirm inventory. The right hand does not talk to the left. Here's hoping he was right and we can get our second one and be done with this!!! Good luck to all.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I was able to get one of our 2 needed replacements.... Our Target only rec'd one and the rep told us that he is hoping once they see that one sold they will ship another w/in 5 days......but he could not confirm. Seems the primary problem is the Target Mobile employees are 3rd company, but all the stock comes from Target and the Mobile portion has no way to confirm inventory. The right hand does not talk to the left. Here's hoping he was right and we can get our second one and be done with this!!! Good luck to all.

At least now there's a glimmer of hope that other Targets will get some in! I'm still sitting with my recalled Note. My Target and two corporate Verizons have been out of stock for days at this point.

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

what is the DPCI number of the replacement you received? should be on your receipt

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
what is the DPCI number of the replacement you received? should be on your receipt

i found out target stores are now getting replacements

use this website to check local inventory (Target Inventory Checker)

Verizon DPCI:
255-04-0501 (Silver)
255-04-0502 (Black)

ATT DPCI:
255-02-0501 (Silver)
255-02-0502 (Black)

Sprint DPCI:
255-08-0501 (Silver)

Last edited:

Lcarey123

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I went to my local target today after they told me on the phone that they had them in stock. After driving in traffic for an hour...turns out they did not. I also got a text from Samsung. "This is Samsung Customer Service. Please contact us at 8552916255 in regards to your recent call to Samsung. If you are no longer in need of assistance. Thank you and have a great day." I called and they said they would do the exchange, but only with a credit card as a hold if you don't return the old phone. I wasn't sure if it was legit or not so I said I would call them back. Has anyone else gotten that text?

socalsteve72

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I went to my local target today after they told me on the phone that they had them in stock. After driving in traffic for an hour...turns out they did not. I also got a text from Samsung. "This is Samsung Customer Service. Please contact us at 8552916255 in regards to your recent call to Samsung. If you are no longer in need of assistance. Thank you and have a great day." I called and they said they would do the exchange, but only with a credit card as a hold if you don't return the old phone. I wasn't sure if it was legit or not so I said I would call them back. Has anyone else gotten that text?

Googled that number and nothing connects it to Samsung.

Kinda iffy!

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Looks like we are all screwed now since AT&T has stopped sales/exchanges of the new "Safe" Note 7!

Waiting for Verizon to do the same. I just saw a CNBC article that Samsung themselves have officially temporarily halted production. I don't think I'm even going to bother trying to exchange this one until I hear what the new plans are. No point replacing it with a replacement that might also need to be replaced.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Looks like we are all screwed now since AT&T has stopped sales/exchanges of the new "Safe" Note 7!

Waiting for Verizon to do the same. I just saw a CNBC article that Samsung themselves have officially temporarily halted production. I don't think I'm even going to bother trying to exchange this one until I hear what the new plans are. No point replacing it with a replacement that might also need to be replaced.

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
So i just called samsung after seeing the article about At&t not selling the phone, period and the fact that target has continued to be useless. I recieved a ticket number and apparently Samsung will call me in 5 to 7 days to handle the exchange. Let's see what happens.

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So i just called samsung after seeing the article about At&t not selling the phone, period and the fact that target has continued to be useless. I recieved a ticket number and apparently Samsung will call me in 5 to 7 days to handle the exchange. Let's see what happens.
don't expect any help from samsung or target. i would do a full refund, i ended up pre ordering the pixel xl

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I have some good news. I received a Samsung text to call and exchange my phones directly through them, thereby bypassing the horrible service at Target. The text is below. I called the number there, gave them IMEI numbers and started the exchange process. Hope this helps some of you out!

This is Samsung Customer Service. Please contact us at 855-291-6255 in regards to your recent call to Samsung. Please disregard if you are no longer in need of assistance. Thank you and have a great day.

Lcarey123

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I received that text as well, but I contacted Samsung support separately and they said they didn't text me. Did they ask for your credit card info? I was weary it wasn't legit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia