Target Note 7 Recall Thread

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I received that text as well, but I contacted Samsung support separately and they said they didn't text me. Did they ask for your credit card info? I was weary it wasn't legit.

They did. I felt the same but the representative had information like my phone IMEI that I had previously given CS when I called Samsung directly. She also knew what day I had called CS previously. Definitely legit. I already got shipping notification from UPS too

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
So since these "safe" phones aren't really safe is anyone else thinking about going for another phone? Like One Plus 3 or the Samsung galaxy 7? I love the stylist but i dont want to do this with my "safe" phone again.

socalsteve72

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Looks like Samsung just officially killed the Note 7!

Real nice since I bought 2 cases and a wireless fast charger.

I believe I will never buy a samsung product in the future!! Ever!!

Time to ***** at them until my money is refunded for my accessories.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Looks like Samsung just officially killed the Note 7!

Real nice since I bought 2 cases and a wireless fast charger.

I believe I will never buy a samsung product in the future!! Ever!!

Time to ***** at them until my money is refunded for my accessories.

I'm glad I returned mine during the first recall and was able to return my accessories to Amazon but even I still took a hit because of the shipping fees to send the items back.

I feel really bad for the customers that can't return their accessories, I know two people that have over $150 in accessories from different websites and retailers but since they bought them at launch they are way outside of their return period which sucks!

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
So since these "safe" phones aren't really safe is anyone else thinking about going for another phone? Like One Plus 3 or the Samsung galaxy 7? I love the stylist but i dont want to do this with my "safe" phone again.

I'm trying to hold out for the investigation results for the replacement phones but I'm probably going to get an S7 Edge. It doesn't feel nearly as refined and I'm not happy about it. There are absolutely no other phones I'm interested in. My last two phones were the Note 4 and the Note 2 and I'm very attached to the line. They've been the most reliable phones I've ever owned (not including the safety disaster) which makes moving to something else even harder. Idk if I want the Note 5.

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to hold out for the investigation results for the replacement phones but I'm probably going to get an S7 Edge. It doesn't feel nearly as refined and I'm not happy about it. There are absolutely no other phones I'm interested in. My last two phones were the Note 4 and the Note 2 and I'm very attached to the line. They've been the most reliable phones I've ever owned (not including the safety disaster) which makes moving to something else even harder. Idk if I want the Note 5.

Well scratch all that looks like we're all moving to a different phone.
Samsung permanently stops Galaxy Note 7 production - BBC News

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Ugh. I dont want to say goodbye to this majestic phone! Having the Samsung Edge 7 is not the same as the Note. I may try a Sony Xperia or OnePlus3. I just don't want to downgrade within Samsung.

shikamikamoomoo

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
FYI - If returning phone to Target, they will require the $100 gift card returned or they will not refund you the taxes paid. Fighting with them about it currently, but looks like a losing battle.....

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

CaribSoul

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Our local Target store says that the 14-day return deadline doesn't apply to the Note 7. Also at present the return date is open-ended. I contacted Samsung and they said that if any retail outlet refuses to honor a return that they will contact the store directly and make arrangements for the returns.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Our local Target store says that the 14-day return deadline doesn't apply to the Note 7. Also at present the return date is open-ended. I contacted Samsung and they said that if any retail outlet refuses to honor a return that they will contact the store directly and make arrangements for the returns.

I originally bought my note 7 at target on payment plan and put a $200 down payment. When the first recall happened Target wouldn't exchange for me because they never got any new notes in and wouldn't let me return it because I didn't still have my box. Luckily Verizon stepped in for me after getting nowhere with target either and did the exchange for me and I couldn't have been happier. Then the second recall comes around and Verizon says they will take my note back and exchange for a s7 edge like I want but my $200 down payment will be lost because I payed Target the $200 not them so they told me I must return it to Target to get my $200. I then go to Target and of course they say they can't take it back because it's not the original note I got from them. Target says I shouldn't have exchanged it at Verizon but they gave me no choice. So once again I'm stuck with a potentially dangerous device that I can't return and no one will help me. I am not going to lose my $200

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Have people had luck returning their phone to Target, getting a full refund including taxes, and NOT having to return the $100 gift card? Sprint is telling me I need to take it to back to Target to get my money back.

Also, do we need to return all the accessories? Seems to me it wouldn't matter and I'd like to keep the headphones.

Thanks!

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Have people had luck returning their phone to Target, getting a full refund including taxes, and NOT having to return the $100 gift card? Sprint is telling me I need to take it to back to Target to get my money back.

Also, do we need to return all the accessories? Seems to me it wouldn't matter and I'd like to keep the headphones.

Thanks!

i was able to exchange before the second recall without returning gift card

i would try talking to a manager or going to another target if they want the gift card back

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Turns out I was worried about nothing. I don't believe we actually paid any taxes. We did the installment plan and taxes were figured into it. Just returned out two Notes on Saturday and we received credit for our installment payments shortly after the return. Nobody asked for any gift cards back. I haven't seen any type of credit for the activation fee, but may try to complain to Sprint to get that back.