Tell us when you get the 7.0 update

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine will not work with any of my Bluetooth devices including my Android Wear watch. It worked for a week after I updated to the beta. After that nothing will pair. I will go through the pairing process and it says paired successfully but it never actually connects.

Some have no issues Bluetooth while others, like me, Bluetooth is completely broken.

I'm running the beta (Build number NPD90G), no problems with bluetooth to Huawei watch, headphones, or car.

Only thing I've noticed is that the battery is draining far, far faster than it had been on MM. I expect the issue I'm having isn't universal, but also isn't just mine - like what you're having with bluetooth - and that may be contributing to the delay on release of a 'final' version.

kpluck

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
We also still don't know why the updates are being delayed for so long, but there are probably some bugs Google feels the need to patch before an official release.

I am guessing engineering resources are being put into the software for the new Pixel phones.

-kpluck

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am guessing engineering resources are being put into the software for the new Pixel phones.
It does feel like everyone who had been working on the N developer previews decided to use up a month of their vacation days at the same time, and now they're down to one frazzled engineer working one device at a time. But whatever the case, this is turning out to be kind of a sad end to what had been an awesome beta program experience.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I just got it!

Was on the beta so far but bizarrely it tells me it will upgrade from android 6 to 7.0 and the upgrade is more than 800MB in size.

Edit: it's nexus 6, not android 6

Last edited:

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Just signed up for beta program, and got 7.0. After leaving the beta, was not downgraded, and it's running so much smoother than Marshmallow. Battery life was bad for me on the developer release, so that's why I went back to 6.0.1.. Hopefully this final release is better. I really like the notifications.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just got the update to NBD90Z. The beta program tile has been deleted from quick settings, but the phone is still listed as enrolled in the beta program on the android.com/beta page. Curious.

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Received OTA, was on beta. Install went smooth, but now I am having major battery drain, Phones is getting hot just on standby, seems "Android System" & "News & Weather" are the culprits, will install a battery monitor to see if it gives me more details.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Received OTA, was on beta. Install went smooth, but now I am having major battery drain, Phones is getting hot just on standby, seems "Android System" & "News & Weather" are the culprits, will install a battery monitor to see if it gives me more details.

Mine was doing the same thing. Factory reset fixed the issue and it's much faster now.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update to NBD90Z. The beta program tile has been deleted from quick settings, but the phone is still listed as enrolled in the beta program on the android.com/beta page. Curious.

I believe you can now go to android.com/beta and unenroll the device from beta and you will be left with full Nougat, not beta and your phone will not be wiped. That's what I read.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I checked Updates today 10/4 to see if I'd get the OTA. I'm on AT&T. I didn't get it. Wasn't going to use OTA anyway.

I downloaded the factory image for 7.0/Shamu from Google. Then I got the Nexus Root Toolkit from WUGFRESH. Followed all the steps and flashed 7.0 to my N6 today.

I used the Flash Stock & Unroot method.

I'm unable to use the OEM Lock script because in my phone Settings, Developer Options, the OEM Unlocking is greyed out and I can't turn it on, which is a requirement to get the bootloader locked again.
This was the same for me on this phone when I used the same process to install Marshmallow 6.0. I did receive monthly security patches OTA even with the Bootloader unlocked. It hasn't been a problem.

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The articles started saying yesterday that the OTA update was available. My Nexus 6 that was on the 7.0 beta got it as soon as I turned the device on. The device that was still on Marshmallow didn't get it. I added the second device to the beta, and it immediately got the post beta build of Nougat.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Question, I still have my Nexus 6 but I use a Note 5 , my 6 hasn't gotten the update , does it need the AT&T sim in ?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Question, I still have my Nexus 6 but I use a Note 5 , my 6 hasn't gotten the update , does it need the AT&T sim in ?
Could be. I got the update notice on the N6 that I had my T-Mobile SIM in. While that one was installing the update, I turned on my second (SIM-less) N6, and it updated a buttload of apps because it had been in drydock for over a month, but it didn't catch the 7.0 update until I popped in the SIM from the first phone. That's not really saying much, though, because I got update greedy and didn't wait more than like 15 minutes before swapping that SIM.