Tell us when you get the 7.0 update

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I checked Updates today 10/4 to see if I'd get the OTA. I'm on AT&T. I didn't get it. Wasn't going to use OTA anyway.

I downloaded the factory image for 7.0/Shamu from Google. Then I got the Nexus Root Toolkit from WUGFRESH. Followed all the steps and flashed 7.0 to my N6 today.

I used the Flash Stock & Unroot method.

I'm unable to use the OEM Lock script because in my phone Settings, Developer Options, the OEM Unlocking is greyed out and I can't turn it on, which is a requirement to get the bootloader locked again.
This was the same for me on this phone when I used the same process to install Marshmallow 6.0. I did receive monthly security patches OTA even with the Bootloader unlocked. It hasn't been a problem.
Did the same with same results, so I decided to downgrade to marshmallow in order to have a locked bootloader again and wait for the OTA. I can only guess that the disabled option for the unlock bootloader in developer options may be a new security feature of nougat.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Signed up for Beta and got the official 7.0 update, running smooth so far.

Edit: After using it for a bit I swear it seems like Nougat is a little jittery as far as scrolling through different apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Settings, ETC. I am pretty sure it's not my eyes. Will know more later.

Last edited:

bulabula

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
After running 7.0 for a few hours today I've also noticed it being a little jittery too. At first I thought maybe my screen was dirty and not scrolling smoothly.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
After using it for a bit I swear it seems like Nougat is a little jittery as far as scrolling through different apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Settings, ETC.
I haven't noticed any jitters, but I don't use Fbook or Ingram. In fact so few things in the UI have been changed that I was wondering if Google had pulled an Emperor's New Clothes gambit on us and pushed out a dummy update just to shut us the hell up.;)

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I haven't noticed any jitters, but I don't use Fbook or Ingram. In fact so few things in the UI have been changed that I was wondering if Google had pulled an Emperor's New Clothes gambit on us and pushed out a dummy update just to shut us the hell up.;)

LOL, could be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001