Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style)

Sorry it didn't work for you. Several people have had decent success with it. Finding a good tempered glass screen protector has been a challenge with this phone.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I was on the fence between the Supershieldz and the Pleson. I chose the Pleson, but not sure I could tell you why. Prob gut feeling.
It went on fine. A little halo on the right side, but that was prob caused by me. I steamed up the bathroom, let it settle and had tape on the screen, but still managed to get a fiber under the protector, so I had to lift it. It was on really straight and even, too. :'(
It feels really nice and is not prone to fingerprints.
The edges are beveled and do not have the abrupt feel of the Tech Armor that I have on my S4, that goes all the way to the edges of the screen.
I am really pleased!

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Agree on the Pleson. I first purchased some Pleson film protectors but wasn't happy at all with the tacky feeling. Figured I'd take a shot with the glass one even though some have had issues with halo. Overall I'm about 98% satisfied with the Pleson glass. I have some very, very minor halo on the sides, but the top and bottom are perfect. I'm willing to live with it since the glass feels so much better than the plastic film. I also think the Pleson glass does well with fingerprints. I agree with some people in another thread...my Moto X seemed to be an absolute fingerprint magnet. My phone would have constant smudges when i used it without a protector. The Pleson glass seems to do much better...at least for my use.

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I have the illumishield on my mxpe. Bought it off amazon. Install went smooth and it looks/feels great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Droid4Mac

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

I just purchased a MXP a few weeks back and it is still sitting in the box, due to the limited choices of quality accessories available, so being that the phone, with its bamboo backing and classic camera beazle, is a thing of beauty I have been doing my best to shop patiently. Settling on a glass screen protector hasn't even been easy, as I see others are hung on as well, do to the length of this thread. What I have noticed is that the glass protectors I have seen not only leave more of the front exposed than the typical flexible sort, but they also cover up, what appears to be, the front facing speakers on the left & right of the phone at the bottom.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I just purchased a MXP a few weeks back and it is still sitting in the box, due to the limited choices of quality accessories available, so being that the phone, with its bamboo backing and classic camera beazle, is a thing of beauty I have been doing my best to shop patiently. Settling on a glass screen protector hasn't even been easy, as I see others are hung on as well, do to the length of this thread. What I have noticed is that the glass protectors I have seen not only leave more of the front exposed than the typical flexible sort, but they also cover up, what appears to be, the front facing speakers on the left & right of the phone at the bottom.

I don't know what those front facing speakers on that you're referring. The IR sensors? If that is the case all screen protectors cover those and have no effect on their performance.

And... get your phone out of the box and use it! :D

Droid4Mac

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

You are absolutely right on all counts! Seeing some "plastic" shields with the holes cut out for them, I assumed they needed to be exposed. At any rate, in the mean time I had a cheap pack of "Mr. Shield's" Primed to me, which I have already applied, while I settle on a glass shield. Incidentally, the hole cut-outs line up perfectly with the IR sensors, but the protector minutely over extends width wise.

Thanks for the correction, I will keep that in mind when I do choose a glass protector. Any recommendations on your preference?

Also, not able to find a clear waterproof or high quality make case, I ended up going back to Motorola to order the Naked Tough Case which I am due to receive today. Then I begin the arduous task of locating a holster of some sort, of some other phones make I'm sure, that the cased phone will fit. :-\

Thanks again!

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Tough Frame Bumper for Moto X Pure Edition
I got this case for my Pure on 9//21/2015. I have been completely satisfied with the bumper case. I have always had screen protectors on my phones but this time decided to go without one. I take reasonably good care of the phone, don't put it a pocket with change, keys or sand :D, and no scratches . Also the Gorilla Glass seems to eat fingerprints. This is my choice and happy with it. @Droid4Mac Let that phone out of the box! It is excellent and too good to keep caged up. My wife got a Turbo 2, also a good phone and very similar. Because of the shatterproof (plastic) screen I did put the tempered glass screen protector on hers. I had the people at the Corporate Verizon store do it and it is perfect but they don't have a good one for the Pure.

Droid4Mac

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

Case just arrived, so it's out of the box and ready to roll! Actually the reason I kept it in the box, continuing to use my GT-i9300, was because when I initially started to set up the phone I noticed that it had a lot of Google appropriated things, especially not allowing me to set up an "@ mail account". It wanted me to delegate everything through, the now standard Google app, vs solitary Gmail accounts, which IMO is a Segway to Google Plus, which is a circular navigational nightmare trying to disable and/or opt out of those settings. I compare Google Plus to being in the Mob,--once your in you never get out. Whatever the case, I plan on have a Motorola rep on the phone while I see if we can circumnavigate some of that stuff.

I am happy to say that I have now released "Bamboo" from his box, and quite frankly I feel a little guilty... I may have to treat him to a nice coat of Linseed oil or something. :p

As far as the case goes, it looks awesome, it has a nice clear frosted rubber bumper, with button covers, that fits nicely inside the case. I didn't try fitting the phone in the case with the crystal clear hard plastic bumper that comes with the phone, because it doesn't have button covers.

Attachments

• MXP Top View3.jpg
    MXP Top View3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 26
  • MXP Side View3.jpg
    MXP Side View3.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 26

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I would not recommend the "Moto X Pure Edition Screen Protector, PLESON® Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/X Style Tempered Glass Screen Protectors 0.26mm 99.9% HD 9H Hardness Glass Screen Protector For Moto X Pure-Lifetime Warranty"

The whole perimeter of the protector never stuck to the device, even though it's adhered properly everywhere else. The problem is worse on the right and left sides, but is still present on the bottom. It was a good price, but I would gladly pay a little more for something that actually sticks to the screen completely.

I had the same thing happen to my Pleson glass screen protector and what sucks is when I dropped the phone down on my desk at work, the part of the glass that didn't adhere well actually chipped and sent a spiderweb crack all the way across the glass.
Contacted Pleson through Amazon and even though the product is listed as having a lifetime warranty, that only applies to one protector. See, I originally ordered a Pleson glass protector in November, and the day before Christmas I dropped my MXPE, shattering both the Pleson protector AND the glass itself. I sent a very upset email to Pleson and the representative sent a new protector in the mail the next day. That "new" protector is what has been on my phone since New Years (just recently cracking like I mentioned above) and apparently it isn't covered by the lifetime warranty since it was sent as a replacement.
I realize that a new Pleson glass protector is only ~$7 on Amazon but still, they shouldn't be promoting a product as having a lifetime warranty if one claim voids the warranty for the entire lifetime of the product.

hukkab

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
My Moto X Pure is being delivered on Saturday. Ideally I'd like to get something on it this weekend. I really can't decide to get either glass, film, or just rock it naked (which leaves me scared since I've never had a phone without a screen protector).

So far I'm thinking about getting the Pleson glass screen protector. To those that have had it installed for awhile; did yours have a halo? If so has much worse has it gotten since getting it?

For others that got plastic film screen protectors, which ones did you get?

Thanks in advance!

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My Moto X Pure is being delivered on Saturday. Ideally I'd like to get something on it this weekend. I really can't decide to get either glass, film, or just rock it naked (which leaves me scared since I've never had a phone without a screen protector).

So far I'm thinking about getting the Pleson glass screen protector. To those that have had it installed for awhile; did yours have a halo? If so has much worse has it gotten since getting it?

For others that got plastic film screen protectors, which ones did you get?

Thanks in advance!

I've had the Pleson glass on my MXPE for a couple months. The halo is minimal and hasn't changed. I don't even notice it.
I think the protector feels better than the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali