Terrible battery life the cause of delays?

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If the battery is the only reason for the delay and if the solution was just a firmware update, they could have released the phone and we would have gotten firmware update shortly after launch. Since there are rumors that the Thunderbolt was recalled mid shipment, I wonder if htc is going to put a higher capacity battery in it.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if 4G just isn't primetime ready with current battery technology? It's sure as hell not functional in the Evo. 2-3 hours is beyond awful.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If that is true... it took them thus long to find that? Maybe VZW should give their phone to more people than Black Man X

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if 4G just isn't primetime ready with current battery technology? It's sure as hell not functional in the Evo. 2-3 hours is beyond awful.

That's on Sprint's WiMAX. Which is an extreme battery drainer in every light of the subject.

LTE is supposedly exponentially more efficient.

spooluptheFTL

Banned
Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope there's a option to turn 4G off so it won't even bother looking for a signal, while keeping the 3G antenna on.

Anyone know if this is the case? I don't have any experience with a phone that could connect to 2 data services...

edit: BTW, I don't live in an LTE area.

Reactions: BriVG

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That's on Sprint's WiMAX. Which is an extreme battery drainer in every light of the subject.

LTE is supposedly exponentially more efficient.

Right, emphasis on supposedly. If there's even a modicum of truth however to the engadget article, in practice it may not be much different.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Crappy battery life is a MAJOR concern of mine and this thread is worrying me... I mean Monday - Friday from 8:30 - 5:00 I have a power outlet and wall charger available to me. From 8:00 - 8:30 and 5:00 - 5:30 I have a car charger available. I can obviously charge the phone at home. I guess it's not really that big of an issue now haha (I've talked myself out of it).

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This is one of the concerns I have had since day one with the Tbolt. Couple the fact that my experience with battery life on past HTC devices hasn't been great, toss in a 4G radio and 4.3" screen...=\

Hopefully it gets fixed. Or at least a larger battery included.

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If there are handoff issues with LTE as rumored, then that would definitely drain the battery. I'm confident they can get this ironed out. The wait sucks, but this bad boy will be worth it.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If that is true... it took them thus long to find that? Maybe VZW should give their phone to more people than Black Man X

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

He's said there has been battery issue's with the T-bolt from the beginning. But I guess he was just ignored, since he's not engadgets ;)