terrible bugs in my Gnex

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think they will all run this well. I really think that some people are smart phone repellant. I've enjoyed every smart phone I've owned and been mostly trouble free with them all (even the Storm 1 and 2), but there are always threads of how terrible every device is. I think some are made up (probably by iphone lovers), some are users that always install the same crappy bug ridden apps, and some that are owned by people who are cursed.
I agree with this. Some people will get a phone & exchange it several times for Software issues.
Other users don't have the same problems. I think it really depends on the user.

Hardware problems are one thing. All of the phones are loaded with the same software.

( I had Storm 1 & 2, some people had exchanged it 5+ times, convinced they had a "lemon" each time! I never had to return mine because the hardware was fine. It was the software that was bad. I just had to learn to work arounds)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
^^ In other words, exchanging a phone will not fix software problems. That's what a factory reset is for. Or an update to fix a bug.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, please post or at least post what version. I'd expect 4.1.0, but if it's even later, then that would definitely give more credence to a software issue driving the delay.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Software update just pushed to my phone. Installing now

Three ways this will go:

1) OTA takes down the entire network. Launch set for next week instead.

2) Software fixes the major problems. They'll try to squeeze in as much testing as possible optimistically hoping for a launch tomorrow. Hopefully the fixes are small enough that they will only need to test the problem areas and not the entire phone.

3) Update doesn't do anything. This can go either way, but most likely another week delay.

Let's see what happens...

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Three ways this will go:

1) OTA takes down the entire network. Launch set for next week instead.

2) Software fixes the major problems. They'll try to squeeze in as much testing as possible optimistically hoping for a launch tomorrow. Hopefully the fixes are small enough that they will only need to test the problem areas and not the entire phone.

3) Update doesn't do anything. This can go either way, but most likely another week delay.

Let's see what happens...

If they're pushing the update out, doesn't that mean it's already been tested?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Something could still go wrong with that update once it's put into production, but they should be able to sort it out quickly. So if this update goes as planned and it fixes what it needs to (that's the part that should have been tested already) then we should be a step closer to launch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick