terrible bugs in my Gnex

dubya.t

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
read into it what you want

4.0.2 better fix a few major bugs and I hope its almost finish because this is definitely in my opinion the reason for delays. Trust me until they fix this you don't want the phone. Not being able to enjoy what it can do is more frustrating than not having it...trust me.

Now I don't root and all that so take it for what you will...but if you can fix signal outages for over an hour...not being able to switch to 3g only....not having service to place calls when you are showing three bars....and oh yea having no sound emit from your speakers....then by all means keep being frustrated. As for the rest of us just wait until that damn update is ready.

..then again i could just have a total lemon pos unit and got incredibly lucky yet even that much more unlucky.

Reactions: BSG75 and ohiomoto

whartpence

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's terrible. Sorry you are experiencing that. Exchange it once the phone is released, or sooner if you can switch to another phone and let's all hope you got a lemon.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Granted I'm no rocket scientist but it sure seems like theirs a distinct possibility they may have delayed this for some reason besides witholdiing the release to sell more Razrs & Rezounds. :D

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Knowing you're having issues to this extent makes this delay we are going through seem more plausible. Question is, did they fix it 100% by today? If not, welcome to yet another missed target date come Dec 15th.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe purchasing a phone that's not released yet is a bad idea. The phone is supposed to update when it's released.
I agree. What's the point of having the phone first if you don't get the final working version. I heard over a week ago that 4.1 was pushed out to the testers and heard it made night & day improvements over the 4.0.1 builds. You can't fault the phone or Verizon for your issues until it's official.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You'd have thought Samsung learned its lesson after the Nexus S 4G.

I have one, and the early days (perhaps the first 2 months), the NS4G got -half- the throughput of the other Sprint Wimax phones.

After the update to 2.3.5, the NS4G literally -doubled- its 3G and 4G throughput.

This to me speaks more to the care and collaboration Samsung is doing with its carriers since now we have two devices in a row with possible radio issues.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The word I got for the delay was that the GNex crashed the network last week (the massive data outage). They said similar events occurred just before the launch of the Charge and Stratosphere. Maybe it is a software issue?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe purchasing a phone that's not released yet is a bad idea. The phone is supposed to update when it's released.

I agree. What's the point of having the phone first if you don't get the final working version. I heard over a week ago that 4.1 was pushed out to the testers and heard it made night & day improvements over the 4.0.1 builds. You can't fault the phone or Verizon for your issues until it's official.
I think you guys are missing the OP's point. It seems clear to me that that he's simply pointing out what a lot of people couldn't/wouldn't believe: The phone isn't ready for release. I don't see where he blames anyone.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Lets hope it -wasnt- ready for release. We have two days left and I really hope this is it. Justified or not, I want this damn phone.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Obviously the phone wasn't ready. The only question I have for some of you that may know is, can the CDMA and LTE radios cause all these problems? I can understand it causes a problem with the connectivity because, I've seen this on the Bionic.

What I don't understand is the volume not admitting through the speakers and not being able to enable 3G only. I have the GSM model with 4.01 and have not had those two issues so, it must be the radios.

Maybe this phone just wasn't meant to be on a CDMA/LTE network. However you think would they have researched, tested and, had this all worked out even before the phone was announced. I don't know how these companies do business but, it seems like all the testing would be done after the phone prototype was built, not after it's announced and ready to be sold.

If this is the reason for the delay they should take all the time they need to get it worked out. I liked the Bionic but, one of the things I hated was the signal dropping off completely in my home. It will feel good when we get our phones and as soon as it boots up the first time, it updates to 4.1 immediately.

Reactions: UberMonkies

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Where are our other GN users? I'd love to hear from more than one source on these issues. This isn't the first time Samsung built a CDMA phone.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this phone just wasn't meant to be on a CDMA/LTE network.

Or maybe Verizon's LTE network sucks. I can understand if one phone is having issues, but it seems like every major phone has struggled with Verizon's network. No wonder Apple passed on having a 4G phone.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Or maybe its the lte radio. Vzw rushed the phones to market.
Or maybe Verizon's LTE network sucks. I can understand if one phone is having issues, but it seems like every major phone has struggled with Verizon's network. No wonder Apple passed on having a 4G phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

AT&T's Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (The LTE variant) is working great in the 4G areas. Verizon better get it's act together. They're losing their edge.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the radios are a problem at all.

This, however, makes me wonder. Anytime the gubmint gets involved with anything there's always problems... lol