Terrible Texting

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for this issue.

It's not the phones fault maybe it's just how my hand is layed out now I can't text for anything.

I have to go back and correct every word, and every word gets a period stuck after it.

Im using LG board I've tried the others I've always used Gboard and loved it. But now I cant get much better out of Gboard.

I had a budget android phone once called Kyocera Hydro, yet it was the king of voice recognition texting and fixing words as I was typing. Effortless texting through grade A voice recog and fantasy like word fixing.

On samsung it got worse, but not terrible.

Now, while set to aggressive auto correction, its useless to text because its just 5 words strung together and then auto corrected to something completely different and I have to go back and take the period point out from between every two words.

Anyone having a problem like this?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Presumably you had a look around in the gboard settings..
Go to settings, apps... Gboard... Open that. Force stop it, wipe its cache and data... Try again..

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 phones that I alternate between daily. I am a horrible texter on the v30. I'm an excellent texter on the pixel as well as an LG G6. I use all three phones with the same keyboard setup. Gboard

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Presumably you had a look around in the gboard settings..
Go to settings, apps... Gboard... Open that. Force stop it, wipe its cache and data... Try again..
Thank you. I tried it didnt work. Maybe my standards are too high, be ause of that one budget phone that I had that literally just knew what i was trying to type and fixed word by word as soon as i hit spacebar to go to next word.

I tried your advice it didnt work but i will stick it and see what happens. I use the voice recognition to text as much as i can but when I cant texting has become practically undoable. After 3 or 4 times trying to fix a word I just move on. And now theres 30 period marks in every sentence.

I'll find a solution.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Next trick is to uninstall gboard and reinstall it again...
At this point I'd wipe the cache partition in the phone as well just to rule out bugs in phone...

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Next trick is to uninstall gboard and reinstall it again...
At this point I'd wipe the cache partition in the phone as well just to rule out bugs in phone...
Ok.thanks man did that not sure about the cache but this is anew phone maybe be ause its a plus size? I mean why would the phone even correct things to non words?

I know that the period and @ symbol problem is because the period Mark.is next to space bar and @Symbol is next to the M which gets used a lot.

Id love a physical keyboard. But will try to get a haptic feed back set to.g maybe that will at least diminish erroneous touches.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The cache is where the app stores stuff it thinks you might need again. It's analogous to you getting leaving all the cooking ingredients out in case you want to make the same dish again. After a while your kitchen has ingredients all over the place and is messy. Cleaning cache is putting the stuff away so you have a neat tidy kitchen.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
This is the app cache.
The cache partition is the device software cache, it's good to give it clean now and then, especially after updates to clean out all the bits of code that you no longer need..
Android devices have built-in facilities to do this, you don't need a any apps!

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
This is the app cache.
The cache partition is the device software cache, it's good to give it clean now and then, especially after updates to clean out all the bits of code that you no longer need..
Android devices have built-in facilities to do this, you don't need a any apps!
Thanks so much for the help. I cant seem to find the cache. I force stopped Gboard and Google keyboard and disabled all tne while had to correct about 5 words in this sentence.

I'm a big fan of talking to the phone anyway for texting but for now this is ludicrous. I'll look more for the cache thanks it wasn't visor to.me in apps in settings.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Once you open the app, look for storage..looks like this... You can clear data and cache.
If you clear data, it will forget everything..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180207-125515.jpg
    Screenshot_20180207-125515.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 28

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Once you open the app, look for storage..looks like this... You can clear data and cache.
If you clear data, it will forget everything..
a8afe2cc14376fd5fc80b03bf920e12f.jpg

I'm.having trouble reinstalling gboard now but when.i had it it looked like this in settings@ that cache i always had on my gakaxy phone but here I dont see it.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The button under force stop is storage.. Tap on that.. You have around 55 Meg there..

That looks almost like a preinstalled app, to can't uninstall, only disable. If you disable it, the key will change to enable. Tapping that should start the keyboard up again.

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
The button under force stop is storage.. Tap on that.. You have around 55 Meg there..

That looks almost like a preinstalled app, to can't uninstall, only disable. If you disable it, the key will change to enable. Tapping that should start the keyboard up again.
Ok.thanks. will do.and report tomorrow.

fpena911

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue when typing on my phone as well. I hit the period all the time instead of the space. Very frustrating and I can't figure out how to get around it. I've tried the default keyboard and Swiftkey.

With Swiftkey I think I did it less but I need the microphone button to be easily accessed so I stopped using it and now stick to Gboard.

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanks again Tim. No luck. I'll try doing more voice typing.

Fpena911, I.noticed that somewhere in settings you can actually arrange which buttons you want to appear under the n and m keys in the qwerty style. I need remove the . because I hit it 20 times per sentence. Whem im done with a sentence i must then go and take out all of the period marks.

I'll.keep looking for a solution. At the moment i need to do surgery on every word I type and i hit the wrong keys often while doing so. Sentences are like epics now in terms of effort.

It will be funny to.look back on this once I find a solution.

So far LG keyboard has been the most help because at least it offers up good suggestions to choose from.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue when typing on my phone as well. I hit the period all the time instead of the space. Very frustrating and I can't figure out how to get around it. I've tried the default keyboard and Swiftkey.

With Swiftkey I think I did it less but I need the microphone button to be easily accessed so I stopped using it and now stick to Gboard.

SwiftKey has a microphone button on the KB if you long press the 'comma' key. Granted this may vary by specificl skin/layout, but most show it.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I hit the period very often as well....and it is frustrating. It is the first phone I have had that happen and I can't figure out why

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I hit the period very often as well....and it is frustrating. It is the first phone I have had that happen and I can't figure out why
Subguy look at the keyboard if its anything like mine your period mark is located right under the m and n. Two very commonly used letters in every sentence.

It has taken me way too long to correct this post already just up to tbe loint I have written so far. The major problem with the . being hit constantly is that it makes the auto correct think.the sentence is done nid word and corrects to something completely different.

I'll take off auto correct but it was a battle, uphill, both ways, in tbe snow trying to type with out auto correct as well.

I love the v30+ but for some reason, texting was easier on my cheap no contract phones ( Kyocera Hydro was an absolute state of the art future dream for texting and texting only) and is undoable for me on this phone.

My biggest hopes is to.just keep trying different keyboards from.Google store until I fiind one with some qwerk that will help stem this problem.

I 5hink tbe slipperyness of the screen.has me accidentally hitting two.buttons at once and maybe the plus size isnt for me just in how it has me holding the phone.

" holding the phone" came out as La.hoodng

The came out as tbh

Time comes out as to.e